WIU at ORU....thoughts and predictions

theeagleman5

Big homecoming night ahead with probably a very large crowd of ORU alums in attendence for this WIU game.....TheEagleman is still catching his breath from that overtime game vs. IUPUI two nights ago....what a finish!....imagine if Pearson's shot had rolled off the rim and we had to go to a 2nd OT.....with DoMo and Craion gone, we just might have lost that game.....the Lord was looking down on us when Rod made that shot....just more proof of what a wonderful year this has been so far.....but four more big games to go in the regular season starting with tonight.....this WIU team is scrappy as they proved last month when they took us to OT and we had to win on a last second FT by DoMo....the Leathernecks probably should have won the game in regulation missing that last second layup......so tonight ORU should be ready to go....they know WIU is not to be messed around with.....the big crowd should get the guys going strong early.....the visitors do have that good freshman from Edmond and TheEagleman is sure that he will bring at least 50 friends and family to Mabee Center.....that will make for an interesting sidelight....we also have DoMo needing 38 pts to reach the big 2000 milestone.....doubtful he will get all of that tonight but it could happen if we jump out to a nice early lead and force WIU into an up tempo game......Coach Sutton would surely leave Morrison on the floor to try and get 2000 in front of the home crowd if he is close.....WIU got hammered on Thursday at WIU....they will come to play hard....but it won't be their night.....the good guys are -12 tonight on the Vegas line.....TheEagleman believes that we win big and cover....ORU rolls early and coasts to a 78-59 win.....one at a time, baby!.... ;-)

Really bummed to miss this years Homecoming, especially since I'm just up the road in Kansas City and will be passing back through Tulsa tomorrow. However, this year's momentum is undeniable, and the guys win big tonight: 76-61

TheEagleman has to go out tonight and will likely miss the first half....hoping that by the time I get home ORU is up by at least double digits.....can't take another nail biter this evening..... :sweat:

the line is ORU -12 and over/under 121.5.

i'm not sure if ORU will cover, but i'd be all over the over.

Just got home to see a nice halftime interview with Mike Carter....good stuff....talked about ORU's athletics mission and how OR wanted our teams to win as a way to spread the gospel.....looks like a sloppy first half....25-19 ORU.....another strange performance by DoMo in the first half....only 4 pts....let's hope he puts up about 20 in the 2nd half.........we will need that to shake these pesky Leathernecks....seems like a very good Mabee Center homecoming crowd tonight....let's put these guys away early....we can't let WIU hang around....too dangerous.... :fubar:

ORU pulls away at the end for a 61-51 homecoming win....not pretty but we'll take it....TheEagleman thought that Roundtree came up with a couple key baskets including a rebound slam that really helped to give the good guys the late cushion they needed....DoMo wasn't spectacular but his 17 led the team....Tree and Pearson with an even dozen......ORU now 23-5 and a nice crowd on hand....maybe 6000 or so?.....some dubious reffing near the end....terrible block call on Craion that was definitely a charge in the final minute....but ORU prevails..... :clap:

like i said...play under on the total :D

great win by ORU. i got really scared when i saw Rod go down clutching his knee. thankfully he was ok.

bring on Akron :eagles:

IPFW on the road before Akron comes to Tulsa......this game was in doubt tied at 42 with just under 7 minutes left....But ORU finishes on a 19-9 run to put away pesky WIU....hard to believe these guys lost at SUU by 23 just two nights ago.....a nice win because SDSU won easily....NDSU and Oakland both came from behind to win.....IUPUI is up 11 on SUU with 9 minutes to play..... :nerd:

Another sausage grinder: ORU by 8 or 10, but pretty competitive all the way.

Unbelievable prediction - did you do this before or AFTER the game, OT??? ;-)

MAN, what a sausage grinder it was!

Clark's 5 3 pointers in the second half is all that kept them in it. A little better shooting on our part and this would not have been this close. The refs both Thursday night and tonight were cluelessly inconsistent.

That was a huge put back slam by Tree....a real momentum changer.....TheEagleman thinks that with DoMo gone next season.....Tree will really have a break out year......the kid came to play last night....but I miss the dreadlocks.... :nerd:

Unbelievable prediction - did you do this before or AFTER the game, OT??? ;-)

MAN, what a sausage grinder it was!

Here's a peek at our coaches meeting to develop the game plan:

Here's a peek at our coaches meeting to develop the game plan:

Never thought I'd agree with Seinfeld, but, I wasn't in the mood for it either!

Overheard last night after the game during the homecoming reception - comment made by a 70+ year old female ex-faculty member:

"We sure do have a hard time getting the referees to call the games fairly."

It's a pretty biting indictment for an official when an elderly woman calls you out on your ineptness.

• Upvote 1