On The Bubble (Tulsa World 2/9/12)

Old Titan

Great stories - and fun front-page layout - on ORU basketball in this morning's Tulsa World:

On The Bubble: Odds Against ORU For At-Large Bid

Mike Brown's Summit League Insider 2/9/12)

Like I said starting back in December: it's just fun to be having the discussion regarding an at-large bid. Whoda thunk it for the li'l ol' Summit League - or for ORU? We seem to have reached a new level of respectability as a basketball program and a conference this year.

(If you haven't seen the front page of today's Tulsa World, check out these files - good stuff!)

pages.pdf

• Upvote 1

Pretty cool story. I think it's pretty accurate that ORU is "losing the PR battle", even when compared to teams from other one-bid leagues who are highly-rated. But I think we are getting some respect from certain basketball insiders. It's still cool to even be mentioned as a bubble team.

I disagree that ORU needs Xavier to win. I suspect that Xavier was overrated to begin with and their RPI reflects that.

Problem is-- there are just so many bad BCS teams this year, who are you going to put in those at-large spots?...The Pac-12 is a one-bid league. Texas? NC State? Arkansas? All of those teams have losing records vs. the Top 100.

ORU can be .500 against the top 100 with a win vs Akron.

If ORU and SDSU "win out" until the Summit League tournament championship game, they would have records of 28-5 and 27-6 respectively, would be the No. 1 and No. 2 seeds in their tournament playing for a conference championship, with a handful of nice RPI wins for each (Xavier, Missouri State, Akron and SDSU for us; Washington, Buffalo, and ORU for SDSU).

The loser of that championship game, especially if it's ORU, will not suffer a bad RPI hit afterward, and for the next five days leading up to Selection Sunday, will be a legitimate "Bubble Boy" in all of the discussions on-air, on-line and in print.

Which, all things considered, ain't a bad thing - especially if they spell your name right.

Wow! That's an awesome layout and a fancy shmancy graphic! Good pub for the good guys.

Thanks for posting the .pdf file. I used my last free view of the Tulsa World webstie looking at Richards' mug shot. :@

• Upvote 2

Thanks for posting the .pdf file. I used my last free view of the Tulsa World webstie looking at Richards' mug shot. :@

ROTFLMAO - my gosh, what a waste!! :rofl:

I used my last free view of the Tulsa World webstie looking at Richards' mug shot. :@

perhaps the single greatest sentence ever written on this message board. :D

OTIS, MY MAN!!!....+1000...... :rofl: