ORU vs. IUPUI

ORUTerry

Great play by Rod to win it. DoMo was great in the second half. I thought AY was going to win the game himself...he's pretty good.

Young was tremendous tonight...almost beat ORU singlehanded.....Rod made the horrible turnover with 25 seconds left that looked like a back breaker when DoMo committed his 5th foul to stop the easy lay up....but then Pearson makes the big drive to the hole and hits the 10 foot runner off the board and rim and in!.....never a doubt!.....IUPUI played us tough as TheEagleman expected.....the +13 turned out to be a winner tonight but that was offset by my taking SDSU -9....the Jacks lose outright...it appears that ORU has at the very least wrapped up a post season berth in the NIT should we get upset in Sioux Falls...but that's not really in our thinking at 22-5......exciting game to watch tonight....TheEagleman needed an extra cocktail....... :sweat::clap::sweat:

ya gotta love Rod's heart to come back after that turnover and hit the game winner...onions!!!

Coach Sutton told Geoff, in the post game, that a win on Saturday will sew up the conference championship for ORU.

IUPUI's best offense was Alex Young shooting the 3 pointer. The first few possessions of the OT IUPUI didn't get good looks for Young or Siakim and that is how we built the 6 point lead. The way Young was shooting tonight they should have simply ran screens to get him open for 3 on every possession. They probably would have won doing that, especially the way the refs were calling fouls on any ORU player that got near him.

Although he fouled out....DoMo getting 21 pts in the 2nd half was quite an effort....he was 1-7 in the first half then took the team on his back to what appeared would be a win going away when ORU was up by 11.......but the Jags also have heart and refused to fold....thought we were in trouble when Young hit that 3 and was fouled by Morrison....a tough call but the correct one based on TV angles......then how about DoMo getting the crowd worked up from the bench after he fouled out....not a huge crowd at Mabee but perhaps 4000....let's hope for at least 6000 saturday night for homecoming.....TheEagleman wishes he could be there.... :eagles:

Homecoming should be a really good crowd. DoMo definitely fouled Young on the 3 point attempt. Amazing that he still made it.

DoMo was fouled several times when taking shots but the refs swallowed their whistles. This was supposed to be a veteran crew but they missed several traveling calls and gave us a couple payback calls when they had missed the call on the other end. They also called some nearly non-existent fouls, especially one on DBH when he was guarding Young. They were kind of all over the place.

Scott Sutton switched off with DoMo or Rod defending Alex Young. Whichever player had the fewer fouls was the one guarding Young. Craion did some very nice things in this game and seems to be playing back to form. Several of his fouls were on attempts to steal the ball.

Jake Lleteras also made some nice drives to the basket. He is making some nice contributions.

Even though Roundtree doesn't start, he has kept a great attitude and he has also developed a nifty jump shot.

It was important for the IUPUI guard to miss that 2nd free throw toward the end of OT that kept the game tied. With DoMo out, I feel like it might have been a more difficult hurdle to overcome to make that last shot if we were down by one instead of being tied.

If Rod misses that shot and we go to double OT, with Craion and DoMo both out and other players in foul trouble, I'm not sure that we would have pulled out the win. The SDSU game and tonight's game are hopefully wake-up calls that will get the team focused for the stretch run. Great win!!!

Watching Sportscenter and they showed the room where they are determining the Top 10 plays. The ORU game winning shot was visible on the monitor in the background and it looked like it was #2 or #3. They said something about voting for the top 10 plays on twitter or something. I didn't catch the details. I hope the play makes it on the list. Clearly they are aware of the play.

I guess they are saying to send your top 10 nominee to twitter #SCtop10.

They just showed a blip of the game winning play as they headed to commercial. So I think it will make the top 10.

Just saw Pearson's shot on SportsCenter (#3 Top Play). It is incredible how many times we get national attention on ESPN.

ORU/IUPUI game got full sportscenter treatment in the 11pm central sportscenter. They even discussed the elite 8 run in the 70's. Great night for ORU basketball.

ORU/IUPUI game got full sportscenter treatment in the 11pm central sportscenter. They even discussed the elite 8 run in the 70's. Great night for ORU basketball.

ESPN gave us the kind of treatment normally reserved for Top 25 teams tonight.

I think I see what's already at play here: ESPN is beginning to highlight their top BracketBuster participants, in anticipation of the televised games next weekend.

And, with Murray State and Creighton each suffering bad losses this week, ORU might just become something of a "mid-major darling" in Bristol, especially with dramatic finishes like tonight.

If we and Akron can win our games in the coming days, while some of the higher-profile BracketBuster teams stumble, ORU might just end up getting a lot of pub on "The Worldwide Leader" in the next nine days...

Here's just some of the video from ESPN on Thursday night, this from the 11:00 p.m. broadcast:

As I head to bed at 2:00 a.m., the West Coast version of SportsCenter has shown Rod's play FOUR TIMES in the past hour: as part of the game highlights, as a "tease" leading to a commercial (twice), and as one of the Top 10 Plays.

How strong is that? :clap:

• Upvote 1

+1 OT...thanks for the time and effort to get those posted.

lots of pub yesterday for ORU between the presidential town hall and rod's game winner.

This has been a really special season. Unfortunately i have missed alot of it. (although i made one roadie) Of all the years to be busy! I am so proud of the effort this team has put forth. Domo has been amazing. I had my doubts early, but This team has won me over.