ORU vs. IUPUI

ORUTerry

The next game is always the most important.... The Jags come to the Mabee Center on a two game winning streak, winning two games (Oakland and IPFW) at home last week:

Beat Oakland on February 1st, 79 to 75

Beat IPFW on February 4th, 66 to 63

While the Jags are 4-9 in conference (7th), a look at their games reveals that most of the wins and losses have been in the single digits. Only three teams have beaten the Jags by 10 or more: @ Oakland (12), ORU (10) and South Dakota (10). They lost to SDSU by 4 and at NDSU by 5 - both in December.

IUPUI has Alex Young (20.4 ppg) and Siakam - a low post (wide body) player who tore us up last year. This team is certainly capable of beating us if we take them lightly.

The next game is always the most important.... The Jags come to the Mabee Center on a two game winning streak, winning two games (Oakland and IPFW) at home last week:

Beat Oakland on February1st, 79 to 75

Beat IPFW on February 4th, 66 to 63

While the Jags are 4-9 in conference (7th), a look at their games reveals that most of the wins and losses have been in the single digits. Only three teams have beaten the Jags by 10 or more: @ Oakland (12), ORU (10) and South Dakota (10). They lost at SDSU by 4 and at NDSU by 5 - both in December.

IUPUI has Alex Young (20.4 ppg) and Siakam - a low post (wide body) player who tore us up last year. This team is certainly capable of beating us if we take them lightly.

The SDSU and NDSU games in December were in Indy. The Jags come to Frost Arena on Feb. 25th to close out our regular season.

ORU will surely have to bring the A game on Thursday night.....IUPUI always plays us tough at Mabee Center and this meeting will be no exception....I expect that Vegas will set this game as a double digit line.........probably at least 12-15 pts because of the records....if that is the case...it will be very tempting to take the Jags in this one.....TheEagleman expects us to win but probably by less than a dozen....could even be very close.........maybe something like 76-69?...... :sweat:

Am I missing something? The way it looks to me is that our guys take turns being in a funk. In a way, I hope it's involuntary, but it almost looks like it's on purpose. The last one to be like this seems to be Craion. If Craion doesn't snap out of whatever he's got, I don't like our chances in the conference tournament. In fact, we might pay already in the game against IUPUI. We need all hands on deck. We play best as an unselfish bunch, where each person is willing to do whatever it takes for the common good, and right now we should be practicing BLOWING OUT the competition. We mastered all the other lessons this season, except against SDSU. It is time to consistently practice the leading-from-wire-to-wire, blow-out win. That takes everyone playing to their potential from the opening jump ball. I think they get it. ORU by 25, 92-67.

25 pt win?.....not sure about that.....I agree with your points, Ronnie....we definitely need more from Craion or it will be tough to win in Sioux Falls......but IUPUI plays always plays close games with us....i just don't see us winning this one by more than 10....but I sure hope you are right....TheEagleman would love to enjoy a blow out tomorrow night and not be chewing on my finger nails until the last 30 seconds..... :nerd:

Don't need a let up tonight, need to keep our feed on the gas and finish this weekend out.

When was the last time we played well on a Thursday night?

you have to go all the way back to January 26, 2012 when they beat USD 97-64. :)

ORU 74, IUPUI 68

you have to go all the way back to January 26, 2012 when they beat USD 97-64. :)

ORU 74, IUPUI 68

LOL - not that far back, huh?

Just seems like we've struggled with our focus in some Thursday conference games this year, as opposed to Saturday games.

Vegas has ORU as a 13 pt favorite tonight.....while I would love to see ORU win by more than 13, TheEagleman just doesn't think it will happen....IUPUI always plays us very close especially at Mabee Center and Alex Young is a very very good player....I think it will be a 40 minute battle tonight...well, maybe at least 37 minutes.....I would take the Jags +13 if you are inclined to wager..... :nerd:

TheEagleman watching on FCS....not a good first half for ORU....down 32-28 and DoMo with only 2......we are fortunate to be down only 4....let's hope Sutton wakes them up in the locker room and we shoot better than 40% in the 2nd half....otherwise we are in for a bad loss.....but still 20 minutes left and SDSU is down 10 at half to USD..... :nerd:

We really let that one get away in regulation...an 11 pt lead with 10 minutes left....then DoMo commits the bad foul on the 3 pt shot by Young allowing IUPUI to tie it......tough shot by DoMo at the end....now it's OT and anybody's game with Craion fouled out and Pearson and DoMo with four....gonna take some big heart to pull this one out...and a chance to put a hammerlock on the regular season title with SDSU having lost already.....we need to defend the home court here....a 20 game win streak on the line..... :sweat:

WOW!!!!!!!!!!....what a great play by Rod Pearson to win the game in OT.....76-74....DoMo and Craion out on fouls and the senior from KC comes thru.....ORU now with a 2 game Summit lead and a 21 game win streak at home!....it wasn't pretty but we will take it...JUST WIN BABY!!!.... :clap: