ORU at South Dakota State....

theeagleman5

Jfusa go figure. So tell me since u got all the answers, who u gonna bring in as coach? What defense you gonna run? What offense? Last but not least what ties do you have to this team? Obviously your a former player or a parent of a player former or present. You are whats exactly wrong with this forum.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• r2b1

• dsummitfan

• jfusa90

JERRY FINKBEINER

Summit league victories #1

Overall Victories #1

Games Coached #1

Summit Games Coached #1

I think the coolaid is the thing to drink right now.

Boss, I couldn't agree more and Jfusa and his/her sour attitude. I think you are completely right in regards to him/her being a parent/player current/former. It is sad that this person obviously has gone through life pointing fingers... Just remember, everytime you point a finger you have 3 of your own pointing right back at you! I would say it is time to ignore the "uneducated idiots" that post on this site and start building up the team and supporting them the most when they are down!!!!

This team is full of fine young ladies and they deserve our best! Anyone who thinks differently can go jump off a bridge! Just sayin!

JERRY FINKBEINER

Summit league victories #1

Overall Victories #1

Games Coached #1

Summit Games Coached #1

I think the coolaid is the thing to drink right now.

Boss, I couldn't agree more and Jfusa and his/her sour attitude. I think you are completely right in regards to him/her being a parent/player current/former. It is sad that this person obviously has gone through life pointing fingers... Just remember, everytime you point a finger you have 3 of your own pointing right back at you! I would say it is time to ignore the "uneducated idiots" that post on this site and start building up the team and supporting them the most when they are down!!!!

This team is full of fine young ladies and they deserve our best! Anyone who thinks differently can go jump off a bridge! Just sayin!

Why is it you cannot distinguish the difference between the girls and the coach...his numbers are simply a result of longevity.

Oh I can distinguish them just fine, however, I am reacting to your comments about running the same d and the same o, I don't think the girls have anything to do with that... Just my thoughts!!!

Oh I can distinguish them just fine, however, I am reacting to your comments about running the same d and the same o, I don't think the girls have anything to do with that... Just my thoughts!!!

Well, running the same d and the same o is a coach thing, not a girls thing!!!!!!!!!!! |(

Some of the stuff Eagleman and jfusa90 have posted in this thread rank among the stupidest things I've ever read on this message board.

And that's saying something.

So, in terms of "longevity", you're saying that Jerry has won FIVE conference championships just because of the law of averages or something?

Memo to those of you who have only posted on here during the time your progeny have been with the program: Jerry Finkbeiner was winning titles at ORU (and before that at Southern Nazarene) before your little Susie was even out of diapers. He's earned the right to coach 'em up however he sees fit.

I've seen Jerry play "all D, no O", and "all O, no D". He's famous for tinkering with his style of play, sometimes changing in mid-season.

As far as I can tell, when he's had players that were TOUGH, he's won - a LOT.

And, when he's had girls who played SOFT, not so much.

Regardless of the style of play...

Special P.S. To jfusa90: I will sure be glad when your particular little Susie graduates and you disappear forever, because I'm personally sick of your clueless attacks on Coach Finkbeiner.

I don't doubt for a second that you feel every game little Susie has lost since she was in grade school was her coach's fault.

Except, of course, when you were coaching her.

I'm sure on those occasions, it was all because of the referees...

Fink is the most polite and classiest coaches in the college game right now. His career record is astonishing. His d and his o r both brilliant and smart. When Fink retires from ORU, he should be given special treatment and a special ceremony. He has made this program what it is, thats a 20 win season almost every year. Most other great coaches cannot even do that. Fink for president in my opinion.

Fink is the most polite and classiest coaches in the college game right now. His career record is astonishing. His d and his o r both brilliant and smart. When Fink retires from ORU, he should be given special treatment and a special ceremony. He has made this program what it is, thats a 20 win season almost every year. Most other great coaches cannot even do that. Fink for president in my opinion.

LOL - how about we just don't FIRE the guy - would that be asking too much??

How about we change the name of the university to Fink U.---sounds catchey!

Guys.... I have not intervened in this thread, but I will shut it down if you guys can't stay civil. We can discuss tactics, strategy, etc. but let's not get personal.

Terry, are you kidding me????? This guy has been attacking fink for months and now that a few people call him out on it want it to go away..... Get rid of the problem, all other posters seem to have the same idea in supporting this team. When the trash is full, dump it!!!!!

I am only speaking to those who are making personal attacks, etc. It is okay to disagree about tactics/strategy/decisions - but let's keep it civil. It is just a game.

We don't like to censor - but we will if we have to. Read the rules and instructions for the message board. This is not a democracy.

you are right about that, it is more of a free for all!!!! Maybe certain individuals have an agenda, when someone publicly attacks the coach, his players, the way he does operates his team..... That sounds rather personal to me!!

Geez.....TheEagleman never said Coach Fink should be fired....he does have a pretty good record and I've never head a lot of negative stuff about him.....I am not stupid and while some of my stuff is intentionally controversial, I understand the game.....but I don't see a lot of ORU ladies basketball and never try to pass myself off as an expert....I just see mostly the highlights on the ORU Sports Show.....I certainly didn't mean to kill Coach Fink......just read my post.....I just threw the question out there for discussion that maybe it was time for a new coach and a new approach.....or maybe the coach and is staff is a bit stubborn with the strategy....I thought it might invoke some interesting discussion which is what this board is for.....never intended to start a civil war.....but TheEagleman sure did stir the pot.....gotta love it.... ;-)

ORUTerry - where can we find the Board Rules? I suspect it is fairly straight forward; i.e., not calling people idiots and jack tards. Just wanted to look at them to be sure. Thanks.

What's a Jack Tard?.....must be an Okie thing?..... :-D

Man, this site is exciting. We go from the inside game is weak to fire the coach and burn the school... The coach can't spell basketball to I want to be his love slave... The players are super stars to they can't start in an Upward program...

Geez