• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• SOLO_Gold

Early Eagleman prediction for TU-ORU in December at Mabee Center......ORU 88.....TU 51....... :-D

This is the player we need to round out our roster. Let's hope Brandon decides to become a Golden Eagle. He is originally from OKC and attends a juco in northern Colorado.

Brandon Harris committed to Western Kentucky tonight. We were really trying to sign this kid. Thought he wanted to come back to Oklahoma.

That is disappointing. There is a real chance for an experienced juco player to come in and start at a school that went 27-7 last year. That should really mean something to a recruit.

I wonder what Plan B is. I wouldn't be as concerned if DJ Jackson could have practiced and played all of last year.

D.J. actually DID practice in the second semester. Billbury did not, though I have heard he is making the necessary progress toward eligibility next year.

That would give us Jackson, Billbury and Manghum to bring the ball up and defend the other team's point guard. And that's all we typically ask of our point guards - we don't run that much, we don't expect that much scoring from the position (at least we never have under SS), and assists in our offense seem to come from all around the perimeter, either from feeding the post or hitting whoever is open for "3".

Who knows? Maybe Glover can bring it up on occasion, at least as well as Domo did the last couple of years, and Roundtree appears to be getting more comfortable with the ball in the open court.

Anyone but Warren, is all I say: love the dude's offensive skills, but his back court ball-handling and decision-making on passes has not been good to this point in his career.

DJ will be ok on the defensive side and ballhandling. Bilsbury is very talented moreso than the kid TU just signed. Got to go to class and stay eligible. I bet Kyan finds a point guard somewhere.

Stats

6'1" juco point guard

11.85 points per game

53.3 fg%

26.5% 3-pt%

2.65 assists per game

1.96 turnovers per game

0.96 steals per game

4.04 reboounds per game

Stats

6'1" juco point guard

11.85 points per game

53.3 fg%

26.5% 3-pt%

2.65 assists per game

1.96 turnovers per game

0.96 steals per game

4.04 reboounds per game

...on an Iowa juco team that finished 11-20 last season. 27% shooting on 3's, and 56% on free throws. No all-conference or all-region recognition for him that I could find.

Sure hope he's one of those diamond-in-the-rough players that our staff always seems to find, and not just "a guy".

ESPN Profile out of HS

October, 2009: Brown is a strong and physical guard that uses his strength well to make plays and overpower smaller opponents. He attacks the basket with a clear path and defensively can handle both guard positions. He must work to improve his ball handling and extend his shooting range but his ... for full access to RecruitingNation become an Insider in.gif

Hard to be a great point guard if the players you pass the ball to can't/don't score. How is that for looking at the positive side of this possible recruit?

We don't need a scorer - we need someone who can be a floor general and distribute the ball.

Adam Liberty & Rod Pearson came to ORU with less than stellar shooting stats.

I'm wrong about RBP (that's right - I'm starting it now) not getting any postseason recognition - he made 2nd team All Region:

MMC's Bell, Brown-Peterson Named All-Region XI (Central Iowa Times-Republican)

Article by Travis Hines also states Brown-Peterson was fifth in assists in the conference, and "is seeing interest from a number of Division I programs".

That's a relief - sounds like he can play a bit!

I like the fact that some articles describe him a "strong, physical" player. That sounds like Spencer-Gardner, Liberty and Pearson. Nice to have a tough point guard.

I like the fact that some articles describe him a "strong, physical" player. That sounds like Spencer-Gardner, Liberty and Pearson. Nice to have a tough point guard.

Yeah, but if he's really 6'-1", I'll be shocked.

Look at the team pictures on the MCC website - I'm guessing 5'-11"; 6-foot tops.

Have done some research on this guy. He played basketball in the Kansas City, KS and graduated in 2011. He apparently was recruited by St. Boniventure but was jilted (their message board indicates this happened) and then signed with Sam Houston State in May 2011. For some reason he ended up at Independence Community College in August. The SHSU message board talks about this briefly, but they do not know the reasons. The school must have released him from his scholarship. It is not grade related because he is eligible to transfer to ORU as a sophomore.

He was a scorer at Washington high school: In his junior year, he averaged 24.9 ppg (2nd in the state) and in his senior year he averaged 23.3 ppg.

At Independence Community College his stats were:

12.875 ppg

51.04% - fg%

2.75 assists per game

1.542 steals per game

KC Newspaper article about SHSU signing

TX Newspaper article about SHSU signing

Have done some research on this guy. He played basketball in the Kansas City, KS and graduated in 2011. He apparently was recruited by St. Boniventure but was jilted (their message board indicates this happened) and then signed with Sam Houston State in May 2011. For some reason he ended up at Independence Community College in August. The SHSU message board talks about this briefly, but they do not know the reasons. The school must have released him from his scholarship. It is not grade related because he is eligible to transfer to ORU as a sophomore.

He was a scorer at Washington high school: In his junior year, he averaged 24.9 ppg (2nd in the state) and in his senior year he averaged 23.3 ppg.

At Independence Community College his stats were:

12.875 ppg

51.04% - fg%

2.75 assists per game

1.542 steals per game

KC Newspaper article about SHSU signing

TX Newspaper article about SHSU signing

OK, Terry....you either must be on vacation or it's a really slow loan day in Tulsa!! :nerd: Nice piece of research, if I do say so myself!!