Recruiting updates?

naumann28

I am glad to see a new recruiting sub-forum, i dont get on here that much. I did a rivals search to try and get any new info but that didnt help much. has there been any new names out there for ORU. this is a big class(im sure i dont have to tell you all that) due to all the seniors on this team. thanks for any info.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUTerry

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• SOLO_Gold

We signed two players in the early sgining period: Jorden Kaufman (6'11" post player) from Andover, KS) and Corbin Byford (6'6" wing?) from Velma, OK. We have two more openings to fill. I suspect that one of them will be a point guard since we lost Ken Holdman - who was expected to help at the point next year. This coaching staff keeps things very quiet so it it hard to know what is going on until it happens.

I knew about those 2. I thought there was more than 2 left. Will the kid from BTW be able to play next year? I thought I saw where the pg from KC would be cleared for next year. I figure shooting guard will be a big area too since Niles will be a SR next year. I just remembered that Glover is sitting out this year and will have 2 years left.

We lose three seniors (Morrison, Craion and Pearson) and we lost Holdman to grades - which creates four total openings with two filled (Kaufman and Byford). BIllbury and Jackson are red-shirting and Glover is a transfer who is also red-shirting. Billbury and Jackson were held up by the NCAA Clearinghouse because of an on-line course they took in high school. They are enrolled at ORU and taking classes. Jackson's grades in the first semester were sufficient to allow him to begin practicing with the team in January; BIllbury's were not. Glover has been practicing with the team all year. I saw him in a practice scrimmage early in the year and was very impressed. Arguably the best athlete/player on the court. I have heard that he continues to shine at practice.

who else does ORU have redshirting this year? I remember a post from the Houston area I think that was super skinny. Is there anyone else? Do you think ORU will try and go juco route with the last 2 ships? I remember they had pretty good success with a PG from seminole state a few years ago and a C named King i think from eastern state. and oh yeah, Craion has been pretty dang good too.

Obesaki (6'9") a Texas high school player who is more of a wing than he is a post player. He is red shirting this year. So we have four players in red shirt status.

Again, our coaches are very secretive in their recruiting. We normally find out things from the internet - or when a player is signed.

We do have a history of finding juco players or transfers in the Spring signing period.

• 2 weeks later...

TheJayhawk Troy Greisen

@AlexG25_ Alex Greisen 6'3 SG 2013 Grapevine TX takes unofficial visit today Oral Roberts U @dfwhoops @HOOPSScout @BSnowScout @rivalsdotcom

TheJayhawk Troy Greisen

At @OralRobertsU @ORUAthletics w/ @AlexG25_ on unofficial visit. Watching #orubb vs. Western Illinois. @KyanBrown. Here we go!

One of Alex's twitter posts 4 hours ago said "So blessed for the opportunities God has given me, great weekend with ORU basketball!"

4 hours ago

He also made a comment about the ORU campus "The campus is pretty nice tho.."

11 Feb

I would be very surprised if we don't try to bring in a juco point guard with some size who might presumably start immediately. If not a juco, then a mature kid who maybe has been at a prep school or is simply old for his grade.

We need someone who can step in and command respect immediately from Niles, Bell-Holter and Roundtree, in the leadership mold of a Jonathan Bluitt or Luke Spencer-Gardner, even if they aren't as talented as those two, Rod Pearson or Adam Liberty.

Is DJ Jackson able to practice with the team this semester? I wonder if he or Bilbury (although Bilbury is a combo/guard so maybe not a true point) would be able to garner respect/make a significant impact next year. A juco point guard would make a lot of sense.

KyanBrown Kyan Brown

It was great to visit the @CfCa_2011_Hoops. Great Day. It's like the ORU of North Carolina.

interesting...Christian Faith Center in NC is where 2 time NC State commit and decommit, Torian Graham, has recently landed. coincidence? also according to this story they have the number 1 6th grader in the country playing varsity with him.

LINK

Kaza Keane would be a nice get for us. Have to believe we have a chance at this kid if we're entering the game so late. Rhode Island and Arizona seem to have been on his trail the longest.

“@TheRecruitScoop: Despite reports, Pittsburgh & Georgia Tech have not yet offered 2012 Christian Faith (NC) guard Kaza Keane. They are showing high interest.â€

Could be an uphill battle unless the prospect of getting major playing time and a faith based education appeals to Kaza.

All the information found doing a Google search shows this player to be from Canada and attending Faith Christian in NC to play (and be seen) in America. He's getting a lot of high-major attention and is a 2013 recruit (don't know if that is accurate or whether he is really a senior this year). He's probably the real deal and hopefully he's interested in a faith-based education, but I haven't read anything stating that.

On Tuesday night, Christian Faith (NC) head coach Ro Russell informed TheRecruitScoop.com that his 2013 6-foot-2 point guard Kaza Keane has elected to declassify to the class of 2012.

“Kaza is upclassing to 2012,†said Russell. “He is ahead academically and has more options and looks for 2012.â€

A Canadian native, Keane’s reclassification comes as a surprise to most. With a 3.2 GPA, the senior will take the SAT in March – which will likely determine the fate of which colleges he can pick from.

LINK

Didn't Chad Wilkerson work/coach at a Christian high school in North Carolina for a few years? I wonder if he has a connection of some sort? You have to think that we would not be spending time going across the country if there was not some level of interest. We certainly have had some success/exposure out there with Hunter McClintock and Jake Lliteras.