ORU vs. South Dakota State

ORUTerry

If ORU has a subscription service for games, I have confidence that SDSU will share the feed from Frost Arena.

Tyler Merrimam, SDSU announcer would call the game for the video feed.

If not available from ORU, SDSU's subscription service should be available for $5 to $7 for the night.

www.gojacks.com and follow the audio/video to subscribe.

Thanks ORU for providing your feeds to GoJacks.com, I have watched many Mabee Center games via the net.

If ORU has a subscription service for games, I have confidence that SDSU will share the feed from Frost Arena.

Tyler Merrimam, SDSU announcer would call the game for the video feed.

If not available from ORU, SDSU's subscription service should be available for $5 to $7 for the night.

www.gojacks.com and follow the audio/video to subscribe.

Thanks ORU for providing your feeds to GoJacks.com, I have watched many Mabee Center games via the net.

Thanks for the heads up rabidrabbit. I checked on ELIve and it looks like SDSU is providing subscribers of ELIve the video feed. Will be great to be able to watch the biggest Summit League game of the season.

Mike Minyard just sent out this e-mail to the ORU community. Most (all?) of you have probably already received it, but in case you have not:

Watch parties for the upcoming ORU men's basketball games at Summit League foes South Dakota State and North Dakota State are set for Thursday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 7:30 p.m. at Zoppelt Auditorium. Zoppelt is located on ORU's campus. See the attached campus map for directions.

The Golden Eagles have won 13 games in a row and currently have a 19-game Summit League winning streak. The 13 game winning streak ranks 4th in the country behind Murray State (21), Nevada (15) and Kentucky (14). ORU can tie and then break the all-time Summit League winning streak (20 by Oakland) with a sweep this weekend.

ORU is currently in first place with a 12-0 record in conference play. SDSU is in second place with a 17-6 overall record and 9-2 league mark. NDSU is in third place at 14-7 overall and 7-4 in conference.

The watch parties are free and open to the public with seating available on a first-come, first-served basis.

For more information on the watch parties, please contact Mike Minyard at 918-495-7213 or mminyard@oru.edu.

i think it will be a back and forth game and SDSU nips ORU by a point...84-83

I think we can win but it will be a very tough game. The Jacks are a good team with a great point guard. We have to play tough, smart (limit fouls) defense and make them work for points. They will go on runs - we need to maintain our composure and keep battling.

Winning conference games on the road against a quality opponent is very difficult. It takes talent, experience, composure, defense - and a bit of luck or the ball to bounce your way.

Shame on ORUAlum....no faith in our team....maybe you have been out pounding down a few with RR and your judgment has been clouded.....ORU pulls out a tough one at Brooking tomorrow night by 5 or 6 pts..... ;-)

From the Sioux Falls Argus Leader:

http://www.arguslead...ews|text|Sports

SDSU men's basketball team enters crucial clash with Oral Roberts

Golden Eagles seek to lock up conference title

Written by

Terry Vandrovec

Tonight at Frost Arena, either South Dakota State will play itself into the mix for a Summit League regular-season title or Oral Roberts will all but clinch.

Either way, the conference figures to come out ahead, because men’s basketball matchups like this haven’t come along all that often in its 30-year history.

The visitors and the hosts are No. 1-2 in the league, two games up on anybody else. Both are in the top 65 in NCAA Division I RPI – the Golden Eagles at No. 49 and the Jackrabbits at No. 64 – and Monday were chosen to host national television games in the upcoming BracketBusters event.ORU has already hit the 20-win mark, tearing off the last 13 in consecutive fashion, highlighted by triumphs over Texas Tech and then No. 8 Xavier. The Golden Eagles have won 19 in a row in regular-season conference play, one shy of the all-time mark set last year by Oakland. . . . (read more)

According to reports, ORU is an underdog by anywhere from 2.0 to 5.0 points against SDSU tonight. Let's hope the team proves the experts wrong.

Vegas has us a 2..5 to 3.0 dog with a 149 - 149.5 over/under. That is 76-73 SDSU. I think if SDSU scores 76 or fewer, we win.

Shame on ORUAlum....no faith in our team....maybe you have been out pounding down a few with RR and your judgment has been clouded.....ORU pulls out a tough one at Brooking tomorrow night by 5 or 6 pts..... ;-)

A night on the town with Eagleman and RR would be a blast. I'm the guy that gets real talkative after a few too many. Eagleman strikes me as the "I love you buddy guy" that goes around high-fiving or hugging everyone. That means Richard is either "pick a fight guy" or he's the crier that by the end of the night is asking "what have I done with life?" I'm guessing he's the crier. :talk:

Back on topic...i just think the streak has to end at some point and this seems like the obvious choice. hope i'm wrong

Hard to guage this game. We are playing on the road for the first time in several weeks and it should be a pretty hostile environment. So far we have avoided serious foul trouble in league games and hopefully we can continue that situation. Let's hope that Manghum's hand/fingers have healed enough so that he can provide quality backup minutes for Pearson. SDSU is a very good offensive team with a quality point guard who can find open teammates. We have shot the ball well over the winning streak and need to continue that trend tonight. The guys need to bring defensive intensity to this game without getting into foul trouble. They need to adjust their game to how the referees are calling fouls. I suspect that they will really focus on Morrison. He will get his points, but I look for others Niles, Craion, Roundtree, etc. to step up and have big games if we are to win. Gotta grab offensive rebounds and play defense.

We beat the Jacks by 22 in the Mabee Center, but for most (3/4) of the game it was pretty close. They seem to run out of gas at the end - probably a case of the Cedar City effect. We can't count on that happening tonight - or can we?

As I watch games on ESPN, it is very apparent that winning conference road games is very, very difficult - no matter who you are.

The Tulsa World's "Picker" had a column today in which he talked about "what we learned this year" in sports. He had plenty of negative comments about just about everybody, but two comments in particular seemed to be aimed at ORU (unless he meant Murray State in the first one):

“Anybody can win 20 games in college basketball.â€

“Teams don't improve so much as their schedules weaken, as is the case with ORU hoops.â€

If our guys read that, maybe it would put a little extra fire in their bellies!

Hard to guage this game. We are playing on the road for the first time in several weeks and it should be a pretty hostile environment. So far we have avoided serious foul trouble in league games and hopefully we can continue that situation. Let's hope that Manghum's hand/fingers have healed enough so that he can provide quality backup minutes for Pearson. SDSU is a very good offensive team with a quality point guard who can find open teammates. We have shot the ball well over the winning streak and need to continue that trend tonight. The guys need to bring defensive intensity to this game without getting into foul trouble. They need to adjust their game to how the referees are calling fouls. I suspect that they will really focus on Morrison. He will get his points, but I look for others Niles, Craion, Roundtree, etc. to step up and have big games if we are to win. Gotta grab offensive rebounds and play defense.

We beat the Jacks by 22 in the Mabee Center, but for most (3/4) of the game it was pretty close. They seem to run out of gas at the end - probably a case of the Cedar City effect. We can't count on that happening tonight - or can we?

As I watch games on ESPN, it is very apparent that winning conference road games is very, very difficult - no matter who you are.

After scoring 38 in the first game,there's no question the Jacks will focus on Morrison. I'm curious if Coach Sutton tries that zone defense like he did for awhile in Tulsa. That really slowed Wolters down, seemed like it confused him. Jacks have a lot of guys that shoot the long ball well, at Frost in particular so it might be risky. I think the game will be a close one.

Hey Alum....I LOVE YOU, BUDDY!!!..... :* .....yeah, Hard to believe that Vegas has ORU as a 2.5 pt dog tonight....I'll take the Good Guys and those pts....we should beat these clowns.... :nerd:

Well....sometimes when a long winning streak ends....it ends with an emphatic butt whupping.....that is what appears to be happening in the first half tonight in Brookings....ORU down 31-19 in the waning moments of the first half....good guys have to wake up or it's going to be a long ride to NDSU.... :sweat: