ORU vs. South Dakota State

ORUTerry

If I had to guess, it's this:

From a practical standpoint, you're absolutely right, bad blood. But he said "not interested", which to me has a more personal connotation.

My guess is, based precisely on your point, we probably won't play any of our old conference-mates, with the possible exception of UMKC - but there has been "bad blood" there almost from the start. I'd be surprised if we played them again any time soon after this year.

I think ORU flies for non-conference home-and-home games that are further away, with New Mexico, Lamar, Indiana State and Texas Tech as recent possible examples. None of those contests were guarantee games; they were all home-and-home contracts.

Not sure if ORU flew to the Missouri return game in Columbia; but maybe not: it's pointless for some games to mess with the delays and discomforts of air travel when you can get there in roughly the same time (and more comfortably) by bus.

ORU doesn't schedule many dates far enough away from Tulsa to justify air travel that AREN'T guarantee games.

If we did have more home-and-home deals with mid-majors like Oakland and Valpo, I think we would fly to them.

I didn't realize you guys had home and homes with the likes of New Mexico, Indiana State, and Texas Tech (and it sounds like others of that caliber). Offers a little perspective.

I think that in the future, our RPI will be respectable enough to warrant a home/home. The best home/home we have had so far have been with UNI (football ties?) and Nevada, which seem to be the same sorts of programs as ORU. If we could do it with those schools, I would hope we could attempt it with ORU. Probably wishful thinking from the sounds of it.

Anyway, count me as one Jackrabbit fan that would like to continue the series in some capacity. I would much rather play you guys than Marist. I will let this thread die now, sorry to keep it going for so long, I just love talking sports with other fans.

I can't see us playing games in hard-to-get-to places like North and South Dakota if we don't have to.

If that sort of scheduling was palatable, why would we be leaving the Summit League in the first place?

Oakland would be a nice opponent to keep on the schedule - but that is a long way to go for a non-guarantee game. Might make sense if we could get a game with either Michigan or Michigan State and then play Oakland a couple of days later. We need to establish games with good programs in the area: Wichita State, Missouri State, etc. - and even Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Arkansas. ORU will be playing a lot in Texas in the future given the makeup of the Southland Conference - let's hope SMU, TCU and other schools in the DFW area will schedule us. I am not holding my breath though.

tmh...ORUTerry answered your question, to me.

Start scheduling attempts regionally. If we can't fill a schedule from the Southwest/Lower Midwest, then Oakland would be a possibility.

tmh...ORUTerry answered your question, to me.

Start scheduling attempts regionally. If we can't fill a schedule from the Southwest/Lower Midwest, then Oakland would be a possibility.

Got it!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not going to change any opinions anymore but I thought I'd share a story from the SDSU beat write about Griffan Callahan that's in today's paper. There's a short discussion on the hard foul to end the game a few weeks ago in Brookings.

Callahan like a rock for SDSU

http://www.argusleader.com/article/20120218/SPORTS0202/302180012/Callahan-like-rock-SDSU?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|Home|s

Water under the bridge, man. We've moved on. It was the attitude, more than the foul itself, that caused our response. Doesn't sound like that's changed.

somebody lock this thread before Eagleman and OT read about these guys bragging about sending Rod to the floor in Brookings. Jacks 02, you just had to come here and pick at that scab...thanks.