ORU vs. South Dakota State

ORUTerry

A win by ORU would probably seal the conference championship - while a loss would bring the Jackrabbits within one game and make the race a real battle. This should be a really good, hard fought game. If we can play hard nosed defense (make them work for their shots), grab rebounds and continue to be efficient on offense - I like our chances. I am not sure if the first game (22 point win) is a good indication of the relative talent of the two teams. I look for a much closer contest this time around. The Frost Center will be packed and it will be loud. It would be nice to jump on them early and take the crowd (somewhat) out of the equation.

I don't think that by any means the game at Mabee Center was indicative of what we should expect in Brookings. In fact, there will probably be vengeance in the eyes of every Jackrabbit player. They lost to Oakland - look how they took it out on IPFW. I fully expect a sold out Frost Center with fans eager for retribution.

Even so, this ORU team has been a team, more than any I can remember from recent years, that plays well on the road. Not only that, but they THRIVE in the big environment. Filling Frost may charge, rather than intimidate, these guys. I think it should be a well-played, knock-down, drag-out game, with the fans of SDSU really getting their money's worth.

If ORU wins, it will come very close to sealing the regular season championship for us; if we lose, the title's up for grabs. What a game!

I think we'll have a big crowd. If we can get the same person that counts attendance at the Mabee Center, we should have 25,000 :)

I think we'll have a big crowd. If we can get the same person that counts attendance at the Mabee Center, we should have 25,000 :)

Ugh. Here we go again, another waste of time thread on attendance. Every school counts it the same way.

They won't have ORU attendance to complain about next year. What will XDSU fans do?

Outstanding. Should set a new Summit League record.

A win by ORU would probably seal the conference championship.

A win by ORU on Thursday night WOULD seal the conference title and #1 seed.

It would give us a 4 game lead, with 5 to play. We would have to lose 4 of our last 5 and SDSU would have to win out.

They won't have ORU attendance to complain about next year. What will XDSU fans do?

Well unfortunately the Summit League refs aren't going anywhere so we'll have that to complain about.

Should be a hum-dinger in Brookings on Thursday.

Couldn't care less how many local-yocals they pack into that barn: will look like just another Tea Party rally.

I'm much more interested in whether our press and/or our zone will mess with them as much as it did in Tulsa, or if we can stay ahead and out of foul trouble and just go straight man-to-man all night.

SDSU did a phenomenal job shutting down Hamilton and Gaines this past week. But even of they do manage to eliminate Domo, we have other weapons. Just need to show up, play well, hang close, and steal one on the road.

Well unfortunately the Summit League refs aren't going anywhere so we'll have that to complain about.

And we'll have to redirect our weather griping to how humid it is in Houston.

Different topic on this game. What are the media options for us out of town fans. My DVR has been capturing a number of games from the Dakotas on FCS Central but I don't think this game is on the schedule.

Impressive crowds.

The SDSU game will be the toughest game of the season. Nagy has probably had this game circled since the off-season.

We need DBH & Tree to play big, they don't really have the quality size to body up with us.

Win this game and it keeps our Summit win streak alive. I think we are currently at 19. Oakland still holds the all-time record with 20. It would be nice to break that streak on our way out.

Mike Brown is reporting that Sutton says that Manghum is 'doubtful' for the game Thursday night.

Per Brown (via Twitter): "Manghum got left hand jammed and caught in UMKC player's jersey and fingers bent wrong way on same play. Some lig. damage likely."

Mike Brown is reporting that Sutton says that Manghum is 'doubtful' for the game Thursday night.

Per Brown (via Twitter): "Manghum got left hand jammed and caught in UMKC player's jersey and fingers bent wrong way on same play. Some lig. damage likely."

Could see some Domo and Craion at the point.

TheEagleman has done a thorough game analysis and it all comes down to this....South Dakota State has too many white guys.....ORU will win this game and cover the spread......it's a no brainer.... :nerd: