Golden Eagles Know Free Throws Are Worth A Lot (Tulsa World)

Old Titan

Somewhere Bontrager is smiling. Nobody stressed FTs more then him when he was doing the color for ORU games. In that vein, i wish ORU would add a former player to the home radio broadcasts. I'm sure Geoff would appreciate the opportunity to catch his breath occasionally.

Somewhere Bontrager is smiling. Nobody stressed FTs more then him when he was doing the color for ORU games. In that vein, i wish ORU would add a former player to the home radio broadcasts. I'm sure Geoff would appreciate the opportunity to catch his breath occasionally.

I always LOVED Steve's commentary - he really knew his stuff. Would love to see him involved again. Problem with the color guys, I don't think they're paid, so it's hard to get guys that are willing and able to fill the role consistently, especially on the road. But even home color is better than no color, as long as it's the right guy.

Getting back to Steve, back when it was he and Big Al Jerkins doing our games, while hanging around the gym one day they got to shooting free throws. As I recall Big Al telling the story, Steve hit a hundred and thirty-some free throws before he missed one. Pretty astonishing he could still do that, so far removed from his playing days.

Steve provided great commentary in the broadcasts. In my opinion, he was about as good as any basketball analyst. However, after his fallout with Coach Sutton after his son was not offered a scholarship, I don't look for him to ever come back. Which is very unfortunate, because the guy saw the game as good as anyone.

Steve provided great commentary to the broadcasts. In my opinion, he was about as good as any basketball analyst. However, after his fallout with Coach Sutton after his son was not offered a scholarship, I don't look for him to ever come back. Which is very unfortunate, because the guy saw the game as good as anyone.

Yeah, that's true - but on the other hand, I don't think his son played beyond a couple years in juco. Our coaching staff's assessment was probably the right one.