This Week: New Blogs from Mike Brown/Yahoo Update/Summit Madness

Old Titan

Couple of new blog entries from Mike Brown at the Tulsa World, touching on topics including Domo's thoughts on MLK Day, Rod Pearson's game-saving defensive play at WIU, and ORU fans (hey - that's US!) wondering why ORU is not getting any Top 25 love yet.

Dominique and MLK

Pearson's Saving Play; Eagles Fans & The Rankings

I think ORU will get a lot more national recognition if they can improve their resume to 20-4 overall, 12-0 conference with a 13-game win streak by the end of next week. A high-profile Bracketbuster TV announcement along with being one of the very few teams in the country with 20 wins will get a lot of people's attention.

I think ORU will get a lot more national recognition if they can improve their resume to 20-4 overall, 12-0 conference with a 13-game win streak by the end of next week. A high-profile Bracketbuster TV announcement along with being one of the very few teams in the country with 20 wins will get a lot of people's attention.

I just want to win tomorrow night . . . :sweat:

Ask NDSU about looking ahead.... they lost to their arch rival (North Dakota) last night - a team they should have pummeled. Now they play SDSU in league play at home on Saturday.

I wasn't suggesting that ORU can just show up and mail in the next 4 games, but I don't think it's a big secret that we could have 20 wins if we can take care of business in these home games. That's already been discussed here.

I was referring to the blog post about fans thinking that ORU should be getting votes in the national polls.

I wasn't suggesting that ORU can just show up and mail in the next 4 games, but I don't think it's a big secret that we could have 20 wins if we can take care of business in these home games. That's already been discussed here.

I was referring to the blog post about fans thinking that ORU should be getting votes in the national polls.

I'm not hassling you, ManiacAlum - I'm just a bit nervous counting my chickens before they hatch. I get exactly where you're coming from, and I agree completely. ;-)

No, I completely understand what you guys mean! I didn't want my first post to sound like my head was too far gone in the clouds ;-)

I'm definitely guilty of peeking too far ahead. It's funny that every game matters so much more this year. Who says the regular season doesn't matter? :sweat:

Honestly, we should cream IPFW, USD and UMKC all by double digits...no excuse to lose to any of those teams.....but TheEagleman expects a tussle with Oakland.....should be an exciting game.....would love to have a ticket Saturday night....anybody talk to MM to find out what kind of crowd is expected?....hoping for 5000+...... :nerd: