Much To Like With ORU's Morrison (Tulsa World 1/10/12)

Old Titan

more DoMo pub from CBSsports...

Top of the Summit

Nate Wolters, Reggie Hamilton and Alex Young get all the hype.

But it's Dominique Morrison and Oral Roberts that sit in first place in the Summit League. The Golden Eagles are 6-0 and have already beaten Wolters' South Dakota State team and Hamilton's Oakland squad.

"It doesn't matter to me," the 6-foot-6 Morrison said. "Our goal is to win the conference -- and that's what matters to me."

Morrison admits he's not nearly as flashy as Wolters, Hamilton or Young, but his numbers are impressive. He had a career-high 38 points in the matchup against Wolters last game and is averaging 19.8 points and 4.6 rebounds.

"My game is real old-school," Morrison said. "I don't try and blow by people. I take my time and move slow, but it's been effective. Their games are sexier than mine."

Morrison played with Marcus Denmon and Travis Releford back on the summer circuit with Kansas City Pump 'N Run, but said he wasn't highly recruited because coaches didn't think he could play small forward. He was 230 pounds as a freshman in high school and now plays at 220.

Oral Roberts went to the NCAA tournament the year before he arrived -- and he'd like to leave on a high note. He said this year's team is more adept at handling adversity than a year ago, when ORU wasn't able to bounce back from losses.

"We play more as a team," Morrison said.

DoMo is a real team guy and I love that.....he reminds me so much of TheEagleman...... :razz: