Early Games....

ORUTerry

I can't remember the last time we opened the season with tough, difficult opponents (Utah State, USC, ect.). Usually the formula is to 'ease' into the season by playing lesser schools to let the team jell and acclimate to the new season. I know the other schools are in the same situation, but I'm not sure what these games will really tell us. I hope we come out focused and intense like you would expect a veteran laden team to be.

Remember that the season is a marathon....

I think its what makes this season so exciting. We will have an early idea of how these guys measure up. The problem is as usual: Can they stay up all year playing games against Centenary and the like. I mean beat mid con teams by 15+ points. If they can, than they will be ready to play a 5, 3, or 2 seed in the tourney. if not, we be the next midcon thrown to the tourney sharks.

I think that the beginning of the season often favors mid-majors--at least relative to the middle and end of the OOC schedule, though not always to a degree to get the upset win. The power conference teams with young squads can be pretty shakey in the early goings. This is the time for ORU to strike. Later on, those teams will hit their stride when it counts.

Like ORUIsbig suggested, sometimes we mid-majors peak early. Good luck in the OOC. I'm behind every Mid-Con team right now. I'm one of those goofballs who thinks the Mid-Con will get two teams into the tourney this year.

I'm not a goofball :wink: , but I am one of those who is for all Mid-Con teams before conference play starts.

I just bought a ticket for Chicago State (men) at St. Louis on the 28th of December, and I plan to go see the Westerwinds play the Lady Billikens on December 10th.