BracketBuster Home Game

oruvoice

Well, under that scenario Wichita State and Northern Iowa are not going to play fellow conference member Missouri State. My guess as to the pairings listed above:

Wichita State at ORU

Northern Iowa at Cleveland State

Charleston at George Mason

Drexel at Detroit

Old Dominion at Missouri State

IF we continue to play well and IF it is Wichita State, then I suspect we'd get a SELLOUT!

The casual sports fan in Tulsa will show up for the Shockers, WSU will bring a nice contingent, and the ORU students (for a chance to be seen on ESPN) will show up in droves. Plus, MM will work his chubby butt off to promote it.

Mark it down now....IF it is WSU....10,000+ and the joint will be ROCKIN!

And Old Dominion and George Mason are in the same conference.... revised parings:

Wichita State at ORU

Northern Iowa at Detroit

Charleston at Cleveland State

Drexel at George Mason

Old Dominion at Missouri State

And I agree - if we get Wichita State it could be a very, very large crowd. The Shockers travel well and the people of Tulsa would want to see that game. Lots of basketball between now and then though.

That's a really good game for the Mabee Center Bracketbuster....TheEagleman would love to see that on TV......Drexel is from here in Philly and they are decent but a team that we should handle in Tulsa..... :nerd:

Andy Katz Blog

Jockeying begins for BracketBusters

One of the most intriguing teams to schedule will be Oral Roberts. ORU is off to a 6-0 start in the Summit League. The Golden Eagles did play a strong schedule but lost at West Virginia, Oklahoma and Gonzaga before winning at depleted Xavier and taking out Texas Tech from the bottom of the Big 12. ORU is a home team and head coach Scott Sutton would want Wichita State, Saint Mary's or Northern Iowa. It's hard to see a scenario where the Gaels would be available, but UNI could be attainable.

Butler is back in the event, too. And one of the elite teams from the Horizon League -- Butler, Cleveland State and/or Detroit -- are going to have to get a decent team. All three are at home. And therein lies the problem.

If the best matchup is Long Beach State-Murray State and then perhas Saint Mary's-Creighton and Akron-Iona, that leaves WAC favorite Nevada as the most intriguing remaining road team. The best matchup, certainly in name recognition for television, may be to pit Nevada at Butler. These are two teams that are improving and could make their way to the NCAA tournament as their respective conference champs.

That leave would leave a scenario under which road teams Wichita State, Northern Iowa, Charleston, Drexel and Old Dominion are paired up with home teams Oral Roberts, George Mason, Cleveland State, Missouri State and Detroit in some fashion.

Hmmm....a Missouri Valley team, or maybe a team from the Pacific Time Zone, like St. Mary's.

Did we call that here a week ago, or what?

Although St. Mary's may be a longshot opponent for ORU (unless they lose a game or two in January), it sure would be an advantage to be able to coordinate our return trip to St. Mary's in connection with our return for last year's bracketbuster (Pacific). While Pacific and St. Mary's are in different conferences, their campuses are less than 70 miles apart - providing a very nice reduction in travel costs - and a nice two-game roadie for fans to visit the Bay Area!

As you said, we're supposed to return the Pacific game next season.

We're not supposed to return the home game to this year's BracketBuster opponent until 2013-2014.

Unless, there is some provision in the BracketBuster rules to bump the Pacific game into that next season, too.

As you said, we're supposed to return the Pacific game next season.

We're not supposed to return the home game to this year's BracketBuster opponent until 2013-2014.

Unless, there is some provision in the BracketBuster rules to bump the Pacific game into that next season, too.

Can you remind me why we wait two years to return the BB game, rather than one, like it used to be? Is that a requirement, or just an option?

I think it's so you aren't playing the same team in November that you just played in February.

It was done to give teams more times to find agreeable dates.

No better time than Fall to go to the bay area. Two years in row would not be so bad. I might have to make that one a roadie (family in Palo Alto helps).

TheEagleman would enjoy a St. Mary vs. ORU game....the Catholics vs. the Protestants...does it get any better than that?.....anybody know when ESPN announces the Bracketbuster matchups?....I am guessing late January to allow for travel arrangements?.... :nerd:

You don't know anything.

I'm asking FargoBison! :clap:

Hey all I ever said is that ORU would have to keep winning to get a marquee game and that is exactly what has happened. Keep on winning and get St Mary's, I'd love to see that game.

Eagleman the pairings are announced on Jan. 30th.

It was done to give teams more times to find agreeable dates.

See?

Please direct any further questions to my de facto press secretary above.

Hey all I ever said is that ORU would have to keep winning to get a marquee game and that is exactly what has happened. Keep on winning and get St Mary's, I'd love to see that game.

Eagleman the pairings are announced on Jan. 30th.

Just messing with you, Fargo. Nothing personal.

With the January 30th pairings, IF we can sweep this roadie and hold serve at home with the next 4, we'd be 20-4 (12-0) and pretty much guaranteed a marquee game...televised!

Sweet!....this makes tonights game at WIU and the IUPUI game on Saturday all the more important....TheEagleman would love to see ORU on ESPN vs. St. Mary or Wichita State....... :clap: