BracketBuster Home Game

oruvoice

Just thinking ahead...

At 8-4, with a couple of quality wins, if we can beat Texas Tech and get off to a good start in conference, we could REALLY draw a nice opponent for the Bracket Buster game and possibly get a TV spot.

Don't mean to jump ahead and we do have to take care oif business. But, fun to think about! What are the good 'road' teams in the year's BB field?

I like both of those teams - and we would get a return trip too. How about starting a series with Liberty University?

Saint Mary's or Nevada would be pretty good teams but might not draw as well as a MVC team.

Added motivation to keep playing hard and playing well - but no more injuries, especially ACLs. I'm SICK of those three letters. Apparently Emma Gade tore an ACL in the game against Grambling last week. Tough way to lose a season of eligibility.

Valpo at ORU on ESPN in the Bracketbuster?.....BRING....IT....ON!!!!!...... ;-)

We have typically drawn a team from west of the Mississippi, often WAY west (Utah State, Montana, Pacific).

Or, a Missouri Valley team (Missouri State, Creighton).

So, I'm putting my money on either Wichita State, Long Beach State, or St. Mary's.

Given that Xavier plays Long Beach State next, with their point guard back, that would be an interesting matchup. Many Xavier posters on their board expect to lose that game yet as well.

Given that Xavier plays Long Beach State next, with their point guard back, that would be an interesting matchup. Many Xavier posters on their board expect to lose that game yet as well.

I hope Xavier wins every stinkin' game the rest of the regular season.

Then once they've done all they can for our RPI, they can feel free to lose in the first round of the NCAA tournament. #gangstas

• Upvote 1

At this point, we stand an excellent chance of one of the 11 televised games (not counting the two on ESPN3).

Looking at the RPIforecast.com expected ratings (rather than today's RPIs), there are 24 BracketBuster teams in the top 100 - 14 home teams and 10 away teams. ORU is currently the 6th ranked home team, placing us right in the middle of the consideration for the eleven TV games. Interesting, too, that NDSU and SDSU are also on the cusp of a home TV game (#10 and 11 home teams) and Oakland is also in position as the #9 road team. It would be pretty amazing to see the Summit with four teams in TV games - and would really raise the status of the conference (likely only the Valley would have more).

BracketBuster selection day is still five weeks away, but I'd expect our opponent to be one of the nine teams on the Away list below (excluding Oakland). And, if they match us up with Lamar, would we be released from our return trip, or have to play them twice on the road - once as a non-conference game?

The 24 teams (in order):

Home

Ohio

Creighton

Murray State

New Mexico State

Missouri State

ORU

Cleveland State

Milwaukee

Davidson

NDSU

SDSU

VCU

Kent State

Loyola MD

Away

Wichita State

Northern Iowa

Long Beach State

Charleston

Lamar

Indiana State

Buffalo

Fairfield

Oakland

Akron

I know their RPI is not one of the top away teams, but I want Valpo.

If we got them and won. They would be 0-4 against Summit League teams this year with losses already coming from Oakland, IPFW, and IUPUI. :devil:

• 2 weeks later...

A month away from the pairings and Wichita St may have too high of an RPI and Valpo too low to be paired with ORU. It might be Indiana St.

A rematch with the Sycamores isn't bad at all.....in fact, we owe ISU a little payback from two losses in the past few years.....I would think DoMo would have no problem getting up for that game.....not sure how popular Indiana State would be with ticket sales, though..... :!:

You get WSU or Valpo and I'll be at that game.

Provided it isn't in conflict with TU's run for our conference title. Lol.