• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bballmangc

• Old Titan

• ManiacAlum

• theeagleman5

Mark Few says in the article that many believe DoMo is a future NBA player. That is the first time I have heard that and is certainly quite a compliment.

Really looking forward to this one. I think we have a chance to hang around and DBH should be fired up to play well, having been recruited by the Zags.

really proud of the way ORU played tonight. despite not shooting well, they played good defense, forced turnovers and had a chance late in a hostile environment against a very good team.

One small comment on Gonzaga's play at the end of the game - on two different occasions they had a chance to score easy layups and chose instead to pull it out and run clock. I say you ALWAYS take the easy points, regardless of clock in a close game.

Any other opinions on that?

really proud of the way ORU played tonight. despite not shooting well, they played good defense, forced turnovers and had a chance late in a hostile environment against a very good team.

What he said. Great showing, even without the win. I GUARANTEE, that game made a few Zag fans in the stands nervous. Probably can't ask for more than that in that place.

We gave the Zags a good run tonight....TheEagleman didnt expect a win...but not a bad effort for a 12 1/2 pt dog....maybe we can win at Xavier on Sunday.... :nerd:

Few thoughts about last night:

• If we played with this kind of intensity in Norman, we win the game (can you imagine the final score for the S. Utah game?!).
  • Our guy Roundtree was getting the raw end of the stick, so I understand him getting frustrated, but he can't lose his head like that.
  • We protected the rock -- 9 TO's to 17 for Gonzaga
  • Not so great on the glass -- we were out rebounded 40 to 25
  • I'm hoping that this is the game that kicks Warren into high gear!

Enjoyed the game and how we kept fighting. How many and 1's did we have last night? (And how many were taken away on the block/charge calls??). DBH played really well on Sacre and I liked Morrison's and Craions effort as well. Niles showed a few signs of life for the first time. Roundtree showed his youth last night but he was probably about to foul out anyway. Just need to hit a few more shots and we win that game as well.

TMH I agree with how Gonzaga played it, you say take the "easy layup"s but I wouldn't say they were exactly "easy", they had 2-1 or 3-2 down the court but with the way they had played and with 17 TOs and had already blown a bunch in transition I agree with them pulling out and running clock, have to shorten the game at that point if they make the baskets great game over, but if they blow one or turn it over then you have blown in big time.

The only "easy" layup the Zags passed on was with about 10-12 seconds left -- and they chose to "take a knee".

As for "Flop" tree -- we'll have to disagree about the "raw end of the stick". One game isn't much to make an evaluation on -- but he sure didn't seem to take any direction from the ORU coaching staff -- at least when the camera cut to the discussion(s).

All in all, a good college basketball game between 2 tourney teams.