@ Arkansas

Holtontulsa

Well Old Titan, I hate to say but Defense didn't do it this time. We played a good defensive game tonight..... Held Arkansas under their scoring average and still got SMOKED.... Like I said... when one or two of your players score 90% of your points YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WIN, last night was a great example of that.

Our bigs were non existent last night... They shut down our guards and that was the ball game.... 37 points??? lol.

This year we are averaging 8.5 fast break points per game, last year, 9 games in we were averaging 7.8 and we got off to the same slow start. If all it takes to beat us is to shut down our guards and we do not have a second or third option we are going to be in a lot of trouble this year.

Message to senior post players......Dont be remembered for laying the biggest egg in your final year of the season, this is not the start you are looking for if you want to keep playing in March!

You call that good defense? I'd hate to see how bad it has to be for you to call it bad defense. Just because you think the team scored less than their average doesn't mean we held them. Besides, their average was 61. The last I checked 65>61 so they were not held below their average.

Issues: (not necessarily in order)

1. Turnovers turnovers turnovers

2. No defense - they look lost at times

3. No offensive plan or plays

4. No team chemistry

I wonder what they practice; I don't see plays that I recognize. If our go-to isn't hitting, it's as if no one knows what to do next - including the coach. After that abysmal first half, I didn't see any adjustments.

r2b1 nails it. That can't be what we call a defensive effort. You want to look for stats, look at the bottom of the stat line...

Points in Paint = Minimal post effort on both sides of the court.

ORU - 10

AR - 34

Points off Turnovers = Careless and no control of the ball

ORU - 4

AR - 25

Fast Break

ORU - 0

AR - 12

Bench

ORU - 13

AR - 30

At lease we let all of their bench in the game. Had to have pleased their parents...

This team looks like it isn't putting in much effort.

JJONES is right about one thing... When only one player gets to double figures in scoring and the next highest scoring player hits 4, nothing good is going to happen.

It's so funny, because I knew that's EXACTLY what jjones would say.

What he apparently can't comprehend is that, once again, we suffered a big loss at the hands of a physical team that played good defense.

His solution?

"Score more".

My solution?

"Fight fire with fire."

If you want proof "my way" works, just look back at our style of play in ALL of our women's conference tournament championship runs.

We hit people in the mouth - and we won.

• Upvote 2

i liked jerrys teams that could win a grind it out game like they did when they won the midcon tourney in 2005 i think that was the year the w ill coach called oru thugs or what ever when they pounded on zane tailane (sp) now oru has no d toughness no inside game and depends on a fastbreak game not good!

Jordan Pyle is a tough player. She has played well offensively and defensively over the last few years. It seems that she is in a funk kind of like Warren Niles on the men's team. I hope both her and the coaches get it figured out. She is really the best post player we have. If Jordan plays well, it actually can open up things for the other players including Dominique Allen. Arkansas has some athletic forwards and it is tough to match up against their athleticism. The best way to overcome that is shooting a high % and minimizing turnovers, but neither of those things happened on Saturday.

Hopefully the team can have a few good practices, pull together and get it figured out.

OT, I am glad that you are a mind reader, knowing I would say that. I stand behind the fact that our D did enough for us to have won the game. Fink would be the first to tell you that any game we hold our opponents to 65 points we should win! Like I said, you can't win games without offense, regardless of how good your defense is... Point proven tonight... Thank you! When this team proves your point I am sure you will let me know, however, your point isn't an option with this group.

I'm ready for him to try a different defense. That zone opens up the paint leaving opponents open under the bucket. I've seen it over and over again. The post players are pulled out to defend the 3 pt line time and again. Then, even if it is a miss, they are out of position to pick up a board.

On the offensive side, we have been horrible lately at protecting the ball. We don't move the ball well and have silly passes and turnovers. Add to that the fact that no one seemed to be able to score and the result is bad.

However, given all that, I'm not sure which is worse, the offensive plan or the defensive plan.

Hopefully, they get it figured out because at this point it appears that the team has lost confidence.

My solution?

"Fight fire with fire."

If you want proof "my way" works, just look back at our style of play in ALL of our women's conference tournament championship runs.

We hit people in the mouth - and we won.

that got a +1. what this team needs is a Claudia Lewis type player. does she have any eligibility left?

• Upvote 1

I think Claudia is somewhere hanging out with Dennis Rodman trying to determine who has more tatoos ;-)...... It appears the only confident player we have is Kevi. 3 of their 4 offensive sets are for Kevi, it seems either the other players are being told to get her the ball or as you mentioned, the others have lost confidence and dont want the ball anymore.

Another problem is when we play big, athletic teams who have 6'2 guards guarding our guards, the matchup is awful... If they are just as quick it is a no win situation. 3 games ago I would have said it is gut check time for the girls, now I say it is gut check time for the girls and the coaches... Great players are those that can adapt, lets see what the coaches come up with!