Darian Harris

Dr. Cornelius

TheEagleman wants Darian at ORU!!!!...... :eagles:

Looks like you all got your wish!

Via Twitter: Dedrick Lee

@DEDERICKLEE23: BIG !! S/O to my boi @dariansharris for committing to ORU! Been playin w/ him my whole life. ðŸ€ðŸ˜¤ðŸ‘ŒðŸ’¨

• Upvote 1

Looks like you all got your wish!

Via Twitter: Dedrick Lee

Big Time!!!

Sounds like a nice pick up for ORU.....a 6-6 big guard or small forward......TheEagleman assumes Harris will not be eligible until the fall of 2015???.... :eagles:

Welcome Darian. I assume that Dederick Lee gets his first assist as a Golden Eagle in helping to land Darian Harris.

He will have to sit out a year (red-shirt) and begin playing in 2015. Nice to have a tall guard/wing who can shoot the ball.

Regardless of when/if this kid can play, ORU just got a transfer from a freaking Big East school.

THAT should play well nationally.  :clap:

Nothing technically is official on a transfer until he is accepted academically and enrolls in school, right?

Unless he's taking summer school, might not be any official word until after school starts in August.

That sounds right. I guess we'd see something ahead of one of the first summer sessions for MBB players.

• 1 month later...

Have heard that Darrian Harris may get to play for ORU immediately under a hardship ruling.

Have heard that Darrian Harris may get to play for ORU immediately under a hardship ruling.

The NCAA has become a tower of Jello when it comes to anything that might hint of litigation, including hardship applications.  Nothing like they were in past decades, when they ruled with an iron fist.

OSU used the "run-off" rule and have already had their LSU transfer ruled immediately eligible. 

I had never heard of this exception.  I wonder if Creighton would provide a statement supporting the transfer of Harris.

Hickey is eligible to play for Oklahoma State next season thanks to the NCAA's "run-off" rule, which allows transfer players to play immediately if he or she feels they have been "run off" by their previous school.

Players have to apply for a waiver in order to be eligible under the "run-off†rule, which only applies if a player is in good academic standing and the player's original school — in Hickey's case, LSU — provides a statement supporting the transfer.

OSU used the "run-off" rule and have already had their LSU transfer ruled immediately eligible. 

I had never heard of this exception.  I wonder if Creighton would provide a statement supporting the transfer of Harris

Where did you find that quote re: Hickey and the NCAA "run-off" waiver?

sorry about that...

Oklahoma State officially announces former LSU guard Anthony Hickey's arrival

here is an actual newspaper source...(nola.com)

Former LSU guard Anthony Hickey is eligible to play at Oklahoma State

Former LSU point guard Anthony Hickey will be immediately eligible to play for Oklahoma State for the 2014-15 season, according to the school. LSU coach Johnny Jones confirmed last week that LSU signed off to make that possible. 

The former LSU point guard was told last month that he would not play in 2014-15 after three successful seasons on the court, but rocky ones off of it. Hickey's scholarship would have been honored and he could've remained in school and completed his degree, but he would not have been part of the basketball program.

Hickey is eligible under the NCAA's run-off rule that gives a player the possibility of immediate eligibility instead of sitting out a season like most transfers.

In order for that rule to take effect, the player must be in good academic standing and the school he is transferring from must provide a statement that verifies he was not invited to remain in the program.

has anyone else ever heard of this rule??  you would think it would be used more often with the number of players that get asked to move-on every year.

sorry about that...

Oklahoma State officially announces former LSU guard Anthony Hickey's arrival

here is an actual newspaper source...(nola.com)

Former LSU guard Anthony Hickey is eligible to play at Oklahoma State

has anyone else ever heard of this rule??  you would think it would be used more often with the number of players that get asked to move-on every year.

I found this:

The NCAA's Little-Known "Run-Off" Waiver (www.athleticscholarships.net)

Looks like it's only been in place since September, 2012, (meaning it would have only been effective over the past two summers), and is not so much a new rule as it is a new exception to the exisiting rules...

• Upvote 1