Summit League Scores

ORUalum

If you would have told TheEagleman that ORU would finish 2-2 on this four game road trip after losing the first game to OU....I would have said you were nuts.....it's funny how things work out....Gonzaga and Xavier games were in the L column 10 days ago....but again...you just have to play the games and see how things shake out....this ORU team is capable of beating any team on the schedule when we play our game.....and when we don't, we can lose to anyone on the schedule.....this squad does have a lot of heart and talent....it's gonna be an interesting next 3 months....one game at a time, baby!....Texas Tech is next and they will be no pushover..... :nerd:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUalum

• tmh8286

• ORUTerry

With the records and quality wins that SL teams are putting up, is there any chance that we could get two teams to the dance?

With the records and quality wins that SL teams are putting up, is there any chance that we could get two teams to the dance?

in a word (and in my humble opinion).....none!

Nice win by SDSU against a PAC-12 Washington squad that is struggling this year. How did the Jackrabbits lose to North Dakota by 19(!) in their previous game? Wow.

Two Summit League teams in the tournament?....unlikely.....we would have to have two teams with 25+ wins and RPIs at 50 or above.....on second thought....not happening..... :nerd:

UMKC not helping the Summit tonight....they are getting hammered by 30+ at Michigan State in the 2nd half....but IUPUI did win at home as an underdog vs. Ball State....more good news: TU got smashed at home by Creighton tonight, 83-64....the vultures are circling down at Reynolds....Wojcik had better watch his back...... :-D

Western also lost to Illinois-Chicago, 57-56. So much for thier RPI of 70 - fun while it lasted.

BTW, Illinois-Chicago has an RPI of 316 as of today.

If Oakland is really that good, they could conceivably go 16-2 the rest of the way. They are 7-4 now. We could go 17-2 if we decide to play like we actually want to. SDSU could accomplish a similar feat(ORU, Oakland and SDSU lose away to each other but nowhere else). If our good wins work out, with Oakland beating Arizona, and Washington, Xavier and Missouri State tear it up, don't we have opportunities to turn in decent RPI's? My guess is yes. There are a lot of if's there, but when we go to work in our conference, a few teams will have decent RPI's for a change. The teams that win two games in the tournament will have 25+ wins. There are a lot of if's there and a goodly amount of dreaming, but it seems possible . . . if . . .

While I'm dreaming up a storm, how about seeding? If the tournament winner is Oakland or ORU, how about a 12 seed with the SL playing like it is and can?

Western also lost to Illinois-Chicago, 57-56. So much for thier RPI of 70 - fun while it lasted.

BTW, Illinois-Chicago has an RPI of 316 as of today.

Still seeing major shifts in RPI after single games - WIU went from 70 yesterday to 125 today.

As we have said before....RPI means nothing before January 1.....you have to let things play out for another 2-3 weeks when conference play will start....IF ORU and Oakland both win 25 (which they won't)....I could see both getting in the dance....but both would have to have good RPIs above 60....and would need signature wins in the Bracketbuster games.....this speculation is really useless because this scenerio isn't going to happen....the Summit is a one bid league.... :nerd:

Tuesday, Dec 20

IPFW 56

Purdue 81

Final

Southern Utah 72

Troy 80

Final

Oakland 73

Arizona 85

Final

because they do not play good defense, Oakland is going to have a tough time winning when the threes are not falling against good teams. they were giving up 76.7 per game before tonight, good for 323rd in the country.

I've looked at a few of Oakland's boxsores recently and their shooter, Bader, who can be absolutely magnificent, hasn't been having great nights for a little while. I hope that is stilltrue when we playthem.

I've looked at a few of Oakland's boxsores recently and their shooter, Bader, who can be absolutely magnificent, hasn't been having great nights for a little while. I hope that is stilltrue when we playthem.

Seems like we always get career games out of guys like Bader. Wonder why that is?

Some startling scores in the Summit League today:

1. IUPUI puts together its best game of the year, playing Valpo at the Conseco Center: builds a 17-point lead at the half, gives it all back in the second half, then pulls away again to win 97-88. IUPUI shot a whopping 48 free throws, making 41 - Valpo had FOUR players foul out, and another FOUR finished with four fouls each.

2. Oakland gets shellacked by a weak (5-7) Western Michigan team, 91-76, AT HOME in the Orena. Reggie Hamilton fouled out after scoring 27 points, but it was on 7-of-23 shooting, including 4-of-16 on threes. Only two others scored in double figures for the Grizzlies.

IUPUI beating Valpo not a total shocker but Oakland losing at home to W. Michigan is a stunner.....and by 15 pts.....not a Merry Christmas for Grizz fans.... :nerd:

Here's the Oakland Press story on the Grizzlies home loss - Kampe says he's "scared to death" about how his team is playing right now, entering conference action. #coachspeak

Oakland University Pounded By Western Michigan At Home

One quote attributed to Kampe on Twitter: "You, me and three guys off the street could probably get 90 against us right now."

good Summit League discussion w/Kampe. he thinks SDSU is best in the Summit, but that after first 10 days of league play we will know where everyone stands...