ORU vs. Florida International

ORUTerry

Would sure feel a lot better about this game if FIU hadn't been embarrassed Monday night by Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Would expect to get their best tonight - whatever that is.

CBS Sportsline has it 80-68, ORU.

Vegas has us a 12-point favorite.

Not so much defense in this one: ORU 82, FIU 72.

Let's hope the guys stary focused and aren't already thinking about Thankgiving & turkey.

I know early-season RPI is irrelevant, but was a bit disappointed when checking Terry's link to see ORU at 207, a ways behind FIU.

Speaking of ORUTerry, he ESCHEWED his friends in Section H last night and enjoyed the game from the loftier confines of the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, seated next to Dr. Rutland!

How was the air up there, Terry??? Get a NOSE BLEED or anything??? Will you be rejoining the COMMONERS tonight???

• Upvote 1

Would sure feel a lot better about this game if FIU hadn't been embarrassed Monday night by Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

Would expect to get their best tonight - whatever that is.

CBS Sportsline has it 80-68, ORU.

Vegas has us a 12-point favorite.

Not so much defense in this one: ORU 82, FIU 72.

There was a pretty good contingent of folks sitting in our section last night that left at halftime of the ORU/SMU game. A couple of them had on Florida-related clothing, so I assume that they were FIU fans. If so, they may have a bit larger cheering section than SMU had last night.

BTW - after the drubbing we laid on UAPB last week, I've got to ask - how do they upset ANYONE?

We've gotta have Niles score some points tonight. He didn't make a single field goal last night against SMU. :sweat:

Someone's gotta step up because we know Domo won't score 30 two nights in a row. Domo, please make me a liar. :inlove:

Life is good up in the suites - but I still like to be down with the common people and closer to the action. :-D

Rutland is a vocal fan and was getting on to the referees several times. He even encouraged Scott to continue his 'dialogue' with the officials.

We were sitting down in our seats for a while before the game and let's just say that the people in our section were not the typical ORU fans in terms of decorum or language.

Good to hear that Mark Rutland is a vocal fan. The biggest thing I'm worried about tonight is fatigue, especially for Roundtree and Craion. Playing back to back games for 35 minutes can be brutal. I hope tonight is the last game without DBH.

Good to hear that Mark Rutland is a vocal fan. The biggest thing I'm worried about tonight is fatigue, especially for Roundtree and Craion. Playing back to back games for 35 minutes can be brutal. I hope tonight is the last game without DBH.

Gotta hope that FIU is feeling the same way . . .

We've gotta have Niles score some points tonight. He didn't make a single field goal last night against SMU. :sweat:

Someone's gotta step up because we know Domo won't score 30 two nights in a row. Domo, please make me a liar. :inlove:

Niles is only 29% from 3-point range, and 39% overall - that is BELOW TEAM AVERAGE for both! Not a good stat for one of our top shooters. Hopefully he'll get things turned around pretty soon.

Traveling to Tulsa tonight for Thanksgiving holidays, planning to go to the game if everything goes to schedule. Excited to see the team in person for first time this year!

We cannot aford to take FIU (or anyone else) lightly. This team beat George Mason 79 to 76 and lost to a very good 3-0 Virginia Tech team by 15 in their other two games.

I know early-season RPI is irrelevant, but was a bit disappointed when checking Terry's link to see ORU at 207, a ways behind FIU.

Speaking of ORUTerry, he ESCHEWED his friends in Section H last night and enjoyed the game from the loftier confines of the PRESIDENTIAL SUITE, seated next to Dr. Rutland!

How was the air up there, Terry??? Get a NOSE BLEED or anything??? Will you be rejoining the COMMONERS tonight???

:rofl:

FIU will come to play....ORU has to bring the A game....let's hope that Mr. Niles decides to make a few baskets tonight.....Tree, Craion and DoMo will always show up.....might be another struggle but ORU pulls out their 4th in a row.....maybe about 78-68....TheEagleman .Loves the Gold Uniforms with ORU instead of that mini-oral roberts script....very nice..... :nerd:

Four in a row for the Good Guys.....nice win vs. FIU tonight....73-65....seems like ORU in control the entire game....seems like a new leading scorer every night...that's a good thing....19 for Craion and 13 for DoMo......12 for Lliteras?...wow!....looks like this kid can play....even Mangham chips in with 7.....a thin bench but effective....a week ago we were 0-2 off a brutal loss vs. UTSA....now 4-2 with 8 much needed days off.....great job by our guys....Coach Sutton is a genius....well.....,maybe TheEagleman is a bit overboard on that one....... :clap:

Great win for our Golden Eagles! Although we're still playing in spurts, at least we're winning (and hopefully learning). Big game against Missouri State next week - HUGE gut check.