Iowa St. upsets OSU...

theeagleman5

Shocking loss for the Pokes last night in Ames vs. ISU.....I am sure the plane crash must have been on their minds....but still.....a four touchdown favorite and losing to a team like that....this sort of takes a bit of the edge off the Bedlam game in two weeks vs. OU.....any thoughts on what happened?..... :nerd:

OSU came out flat and ISU was fired up, but if they hit the field goal late they are still undefeated. it really took a lot of the shine off of what was set up to be an epic Bedlam game in a couple of weeks.

I wondered who would bring it up. Alum gets the prize. I've got some friends that are rabid OSU fans - they were already making plans for attending the national championship. ISU was supposed to be a gimme game. It just demonstrates how outrageously hard it is to go undefeated through an entire season. There are just too many uncontrollable variables.

As you say, alum, the loss takes a bit of the luster off of the OU/OSU matchup. With Broyles out I'll be really curious to see how OU does against a chip-on-their-shoulder Cowboy team. If OSU should lose, in spite of a stellar early portion of the season, doesn't two losses make it just a better-than-average year for them?

If OSU should lose, in spite of a stellar early portion of the season, doesn't two losses make it just a better-than-average year for them?

i think it does, which goes to show how much higher expectations for OSU have become over the last few years. i wonder if Gundy is regretting making noise about wanting a new contract in the middle of the season? also at 80, Boone Pickens has to be getting nervous about seeing his 100+ million investment in OSU football turn into a national championship before he dies.

With OU's loss at Baylor tonight, Bedlam has gone from at one point being the Game-Of-The Century to now being a total yawner.

Leave the ORU/SUU game at it's originally scheduled time.

ORU vs. SUU might now be the better game that night..... :wasntme: