Welcome from KatFans.com - Sam Houston

kakat10

Welcome to the Southland, Golden Eagle Fans!

On behalf of the members and staff of KatFans.com, I welcome you all to the Southland and KatFans.com. We are excited about the quality program's that ORU brings to the conference. We are the second most winning Basketball program in Texas over the past decade behind Texas and we look forward to playing you guys as you will surely raise the level of play on the hardwood. I can't wait to make a trip up to Tulsa and watch you guys on the Diamond. I've heard great things about all of your athletics programs. I invite all of you to make your way over to KatFans.com and check out our website and forum, one of the most active in the SLC. We will be adding you guys to our page soon and if there is anything you guys need please let me know.

Welcome to the Southland, here's to new rivalries and beginnings.

Tim J

KatFans.com

Administrator

• Upvote 1

ORU fans, are you starting to get the feeling we just took a MAJOR step up - in every way - in terms of our opponents in conference play?

Thanks for dropping by, Tim - looking forward to it!

Sorry, we aren't used to very many of our conference brethren stopping by to say hello. While it is a bit sad to leave the Mid-Continent/Summit League, I look forward to joining the Southland and the new rivalries we will forge.

We all have a good time and enjoy the competition across the league. I can't wait to make the trip to tulsa (never been there) and explore the area. I think you guys will find the Southland a fun conference.

don't worry we will all hate each other after a couple years in the league.

but to be fair, i think we have had some classy posters from our summit league rivals. unfortunately one or two tools from a fan base can tarnish the rest.

I've been impressed by the welcome we've been getting from fans of the Southland Conference teams. Thanks so much, kakat10 for your warm welcome! I'm sure that as the season progresses ORU fans will be wandering over. It's really nice to see such enthusiastic fans from several of the conference teams.

I have to agree with alum, we've had some very positive posters from other teams around he Summit League - don't want to paint with too broad a brush in that regard. But I certainly appreciate the right hand of fellowship being extended by our new conference friends. I hope we're still on such good terms a couple years from now!

We have all been pretty good about getting along during the year until the week we play each other. During that week the gloves come off and we get a little ugly, afterwards we lick our wounds and get over it. I am sure we will continue that with you guys and will have fun in the process. We have our bad apples but who doesnt, they give us something to laugh at.

Tim

don't worry we will all hate each other after a couple years in the league.

but to be fair, i think we have had some classy posters from our summit league rivals. unfortunately one or two tools from a fan base can tarnish the rest.

I honestly hope that Sutton tries to keep Oakland on the schedule in the future.

Oakland has great fans and a great coach in Kampe. That is the only part of this move I will miss.

we've never played Valpo again after they moved and i doubt we will ever play Oakland again. it is a shame, because both turned in to good rivalries. i'm sure some good Southland rivalries will emerge in a few years.

I only meant that we normally did not have many other schools (except Oakland and the Dakotas) get on our message board. I don't mind a little give and take between the fans.

I agree with you Doc, I hope we can keep Oakland on the schedule.

We're all gun shy from years of dealing with the idiots at TU and Arkansas.

I've been on dozens of fan message boards - those two are EASILY the nastiest I've ever seen. Just plain angry for anger's sake.

we've never played Valpo again after they moved and i doubt we will ever play Oakland again. it is a shame, because both turned in to good rivalries. i'm sure some good Southland rivalries will emerge in a few years.

That's because Valpo refuses to play us.

If Kampe is interested, I hope Scott can work something out with Oakland. But I'm afraid if either coach leaves their respective schools, we'll never play each other again unless it's by chance in some regular- or post-season tournament.

The school I REALLY hope we can continue to play is UMKC - it's simply a great trip up there, period. And it used to be a great rivalry. It's STILL a fruitful recruiting ground for us.

We can't very well expect to keep getting players from Missouri and Kansas if we don't play anyone up that way, can we?

maybe ESPN and bracket-busters will have the foresight to rekindle some of these rivalries in the future.

TheEagleman is really going to miss SDSUJacks and the like.....in fact, he's probably so upset with ORU leaving tonight that he's downing a case or two of Natural Light or Old Milwaukee as this is written......

Welcome ORU to the SLC. We feel that you guys are a very good replacement for either UTSA or TSU-SM in baseball and, uhhhhhh; should be THE team to beat in basketball most years. I think ORU will raise the bar for the whole conference, especially in basketball. Sure wish you had a football team though. :clap:

Planning on transferring to Tulsa or maybe just doing the retirement thing up that way some time in the next few years. Will be really nice to see my :inlove: SH Bearkats in action without having to drive 550 miles or so to see them play.

Once again, welcome to the SLC. We all hope that you enjoy your association with us.

Oh, BTW: As your folks come to get familiar with the SLC and our member schools & their mascots you will find the usual suspects; SLU - Lions, McNeese - Cowboys, SFA - Lumberjacks, Lamar - Cardinals, Nicholls State - Colonels, NWSU - Demons (slightly unusual mascot, I know) and Texas A&M Corpus Christi - Beach Aggies, err, Islanders and of course the team near and dear to me, Sam Houston - Bearkats. Recently departed are the: Texas State - Bobcats, UTSA - Roadrunners and the UT Arlington - Mavericks. All going to the WAC.

Being the kind of guy that I am i want you to know everything you need to know, so the following is a link to answer that pesky question: What is a Bearkat?

Nice vid, OldKat. Looking forward to posting your site.

Let me add one school to the list Dr. OldKat forgot to mention... UCA- Bears & Sugar Bears (location-Conway, AR)