ORU to Hold Press Conference at 2:30 on Tuesday

ORUalum11

Sounds like the ORU basketball schedule is going to look a lot different in 2012-13.....no more trips to the frozen tundra...... :nerd:

I will miss seeing Oral Roberts at the O'rena. Always a blast of a game to attend. Also bummed that I won't get to see Steven Roundtree's junior and senior years if indeed ORU is off to the Southland for next season.

The Summit League loses a superb member today, but of course, well wishes all-around.

The marketing department has done a great job with keeping fresh content on the athletic website. Having the press conference streamed live exclusively on the athletic website is another great move to promote the athletic department. Great job, guys!

Historically the basketball may have been better in the Southland, but currently Summit basketball is better IMO. It doesn't really matter though. Both conferences are 1-bid leagues when it comes to tournament time. We always have a tough out of conference schedule that prepares us for BCS type competition so we'll be ok. A move to the Southland is overall a positive thing for athletics and the university IMO.

Also, I'm going to speculate that their is no way we stay in the Summit for 2 years because of $250k. It would be nice if they also announce the home for the soccer team at the same time also to help the coaches keep their recruits, etc.

Will this negatively effect our KC area recruiting? It would be nice to keep UMKC on the schedule or get another area school for that purpose alone.

thanks for the kind words Hoopsdude18...gonna miss the Oakland/ORU basketball rivalry

thanks also rabbit.

Will this negatively effect our KC area recruiting? It would be nice to keep UMKC on the schedule or get another area school for that purpose alone.

UMKC would be stupid to continue to schedule ORU.

Maybe, there are a lot of unknowns in this move.

The Southland brings us into Texas and expands our footprint into Texas/LA... Something we have never had before in either basketball or baseball.

I will miss seeing Oral Roberts at the O'rena. Always a blast of a game to attend. Also bummed that I won't get to see Steven Roundtree's junior and senior years if indeed ORU is off to the Southland for next season.

The Summit League loses a superb member today, but of course, well wishes all-around.

Best of luck to ORU.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. Both teams have been worthy opponents over the years, and I'll miss playing them. Hopefully we'll still get some matchups in the future.

At this point, it's still possible that ORU will be playing in the Summit League for the next two years - so all the warm fuzzies may be a bit premature!

...At this point, it's still possible that ORU will be playing in the Summit League for the next two years - so all the warm fuzzies may be a bit premature!

My guess would be that we join the Southland sooner than later. Southland has 3 (Texas State, San Antonio, Arlington) outgoing members after this season and is probably looking to replace them instead of dropping to 9.

Just a guess though.

Kampe is a class act. Ever since Dukes hit that shot against us in the MidCon tournament, Oakland and ORU have locked horns. Those great games and fond memories will go with us to the Southland.

Wouldn't mind a (somewhat) easier road to the NCAA tournament (upsets can always happen). But getting to the tournmanent more just helps our chances of getting a couple wins in the future. We always play a very tough non-conference schedule so we will still be well prepared to play against the big boys.

Will be interesting to see if we get some 'questionable' calls in the conference tourney this year. Can we sweep the NCAA bids on our way out the door?

At this point, it's still possible that ORU will be playing in the Summit League for the next two years - so all the warm fuzzies may be a bit premature!

Mart Green made a donation/buyout of $10 million to get Dr. Rutland away from Southeastern University, I'm guessing ORU will be able to come up with $250K to leave the Summit after this year.

I've heard several reporters (mainly beat writers from Summit teams) say that we will dominate in basketball. I think that is rather presumptuous. What grounds are they making these statements on?

Hey....NO MORE SUMMIT REFS!!!.....NO MORE YORKOVICH!!!......YIPPPPEEEE!!!!......then again, I am guessing they might really try and screw us this season if it's our last...... :sweat::doh:|(