ORU to Hold Press Conference at 2:30 on Tuesday

ORUalum11

TULSA, Okla.-The Oral Roberts University department of athletics will hold a press conference on Tuesday, October 25 at 2:30 p.m. The press conference will be conducted in the South Lobby of the Mabee Center at that time.

The press conference will be held to make a major university announcement in regards to athletics. The event will be broadcast live through www.ORUGoldenEagles.com. The broadcast of the event will also be archived following the press conference.

A release will be sent out and posted on the ORU websites at the time of the press conference.

http://orugoldeneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=17000&ATCLID=205321822

Looks like the Southland. I doubt they would make a big hoopla about staying in the Summit League.

Can you say "Southland"?

The big question will be: are we going to fork over the $250,000 Summit League buyout to make this thing happen quickly, or are we going to go the cheap route and be a lame duck for two seasons?

Looks like the Southland. I doubt they would make a big hoopla about staying in the Summit League.

i agree. there is also this clue...LINK

Sure sounds like ORU is getting ready to jump the the Southland......if so, TheEagleman will have mixed emotions.....wish I could hear the announcement live but have a lot to accomplish tomorrow on a day off.....should be very interesting....I hope we don't go the lame duck route.....surely somebody has an extra 250 large..... :!:

After hearing Mike Carter talk about the challenges of the finances at the Alumni lunch, I am guessing this is the right move. Seemed like his biggest complaint was travel costs have skyrocketed the past few years. Perhaps a move down conference wise, but a good business move.

I guess it would be premature to wish you well in your new conference home before the official announcement is made, so I will just say that the Summit League loses quality along with quantity if the speculation about your departure comes to pass.

Oakland Basketball Coach, SDSU Baseball Coach, SDSU Women's Basketball Coach = Very Happy People Tonight. The league just got a lot easier for those three people.

I guess it would be premature to wish you well in your new conference home before the official announcement is made, so I will just say that the Summit League loses quality along with quantity if the speculation about your departure comes to pass.

Thanks, West-River Jack. Very nice - and classy - for you to come over and say nice things at this point in the process. We wish you well, too. I have mixed feelings about any move for ORU - in the time that I've followed ORU athletics it's the only conference that I've known, and it has brought many happy, and some not so happy, memories. I've relished the rivalries that we've developed. I'm going to miss that - that is, if the announcement is in fact a conference change.

Southland - a great move for baseball!

ORU basketball should dominate the Southland. If we don't we'll sink into the abyss of mediocrity. Who wants to be 2nd or 3rd in one of the worst basketball conferences?

The Southland is not a bad basketball conference - they are actually a tad better than the Summit League if you match RPI's over the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1

The Southland is not a bad basketball conference - they are actually a tad better than the Summit League if you match RPI's over the last 10 years.

thank you for pointing this out. i think it will end up being a push in basketball and huge plus in baseball with a vast improvement in travel and recruiting for all teams.

All this conference needs is for one team to dominate for a few years (Gonzaga effect) and it will spur/shame the other teams to get better.