USA vs Argentina

ORUalum

19-5 USA after 1st period...pretty painful to watch, not very good basketball. Kevi did not start, was in and out so not sure if she saw the court or not.

24-20 USA at the half. still do not think Kevi has seen the court. she did not look too happy riding pine. Team USA can not make a jumpshot to save their lives and the coach has buried the NCAA scoring leader on her bench.

Luper is one of only two players to not have playing time - so far. Tavelyn James (guard?) is 1 for 11.

Team USA guards (#s 4 and 6) could not shoot their way out of a paper bag and they refuse to guard the 3 pt shot. the team USA coach is a joke.

Kevi looked ok on the bench when I saw her. Cheering on her teamates. It looks as if the coaches have given specific instructions to go inside first. Girls are passing up wide open shots.

I suspect they are passing them up because they can't hit the shots. Tavelyn James is now 1 for 12.

Kevi must either be in the dog house with the coach - or injured.

I really wonder if Kevi can move on defense like she did before her injury. We haven't seen her on the floor yet so we don't know. Maybe the coaches have.

Intense game. That little screen at the 3-point arch is getting us every time.

Only in another culture can a player refuse to give the ball to the ref and not receive a tech. Weird calls both ways.

Coach Fink said Kevi was playing the her best basketball prior to leaving. i have no clue why she did not get to play.

i realize the USA did not send their best players (nobody from UCONN, Baylor, or Stanford), but there is enough talent there to beat Argentina. I stand by my statement that this coach is an absolute joke. USA's posts are pretty good, but the guard play was absolutely ridiculous.

Tough loss for the good girls. Looking at the stat sheet it looks like 16 of 52 shooting, specifiaclly 1 of 9 from the 3 point line did them in. They led in every other category.

Baylor or UCONN would have rolled that Argentinian team by 30+. Griner from baylor could have scored at will.

The girl from Eastern Michigan couldn't hit the broadside of a barn.... should have stopped shooting. Our guards went 4 of 23 shooting.

Basketball, baseball, and American football are traditionally the sports that Americans have dominated. Even though it was the first round, you could see the pure jubilation of the Argentinian team as they knocked off the US team. Interesting to see what changes, if any, the coach makes for the next game.

Curious that the coach does not play the nation's leading scorer when the rest of your perimeter players can't hit the ocean. Did we play a zone defense at all?

Pathetic coaching......no Kevi?.....amazing...... :puke: