Paul Massey

drclean1

Paul was a good friend of our family and used to babysit our boys which he enjoyed because he has 3 girls. He played basketball for ORU in the 60s and has worked for ORU for years. We will really miss him.

• Upvote 1

Paul was a good friend of our family and used to babysit our boys which he enjoyed because he has 3 girls. He played basketball for ORU in the 60s and has worked for ORU for years. We will really miss him.

Actually a bit of ORU basketball trivia....what ORU player scored the first basket of ORU basketball in 1965?

Today, we lost a man that ORU was all about. Prayers to his family. :-(

TheEagleman remembers the name but nothing about Paul.....what happened to him?....he couldn't have been more than about 65 or so..... ;(

Actually a bit of ORU basketball trivia....what ORU player scored the first basket of ORU basketball in 1965?

Today, we lost a man that ORU was all about. Prayers to his family. :-(

Here is the answer... from a Mrs. Smith

Prayers for the Massey family.

TheEagleman remembers the name but nothing about Paul.....what happened to him?....he couldn't have been more than about 65 or so..... ;(

Paul was in his early 60's, graduating from ORU in 1969, and went on to work at ORU as a painter of every building on campus and then some! He painted and/or refinished the Mabee Center floor more times than anyone can probably remember - almost every summer. This last floor replacement was done by an outside vendor and not part of the normal maintenance crew or schedule. As OT mentioned, he had a story for just about everything. I am heartbroken for his family and also for us, the ORU family.

I never met Mr. Massey, but I'm appreciative for gentleman like him that enthusiasticly served ORU since its early years and continued to stay faithful through all of the trying times. The fact that the

University is still here and now thriving will allow their legacy and memory to continue. Hats off to Mr. Paul Massey and my prayers are with his family.

(playing 'Here Comes the Sun" by the Beatles right now in my office in his honor). :clap:

• Upvote 1

What was the cause of Paul's death?...was it sudden or did he have a long term illness?...... :-(

used to work with the paint crew for summer spruce up with paul. was a great guy and will b missed. prayers for loved ones