1978 CWS Signed Baseball

ORob1

I was 8 years old when I got a foul ball off the bat of Bill Springman. It was May 11th, 1978 and my Titans were playing Iowa State. I'd like to say I made a nice catch but the ball actually landed a few rows behind me on the first base side. My father was a close friend of Marvin "Tootie" Johnson who was a pitcher on the team. Marvin was very kind to get what appears to be the entire team to sign the ball for me. This baseball has been a prized posession of mine for over 33 years now. It's fading badly and it's taken me this long to realize it belongs back at ORU where others can see it--or maybe Bill Springman should have it. I wouldn't mind donating it to the ORU HOF or where ever it might best be displayed or enjoyed by others. Anyone know if this ball would be something the athletic department would want to have? I can't imagine there's a lot of balls still out there that were signed by our only CWS team.

Thanks and Go Big Blue!

Rob

What an incredibly generous offer, Rob! I'm sure we can get your message in the hands of someone who can make an official response.

Thanks so much for your continued suppport of the program.