1974 NCAA Postgame...

Dr. Cornelius

I have some older games like the Syracuse game and one of the first Mayors Cups. I might put them online later either on YouTube or on our server using a flash player.

Thanks to Old Titan and Mr. Brooks for rescuing this film.

I have some older games like the Syracuse game and one of the first Mayors Cups. I might put them online later either on YouTube or on our server using a flash player.

Thanks to Old Titan and Mr. Brooks for rescuing this film.

Excellent!!

That's great stuff!....TheEagleman was actually standing about 30 feet away from Coach Trickey and the interviewers that night but I couldn't hear what was being said....that's the first time I've ever seen that tape....would love to see some of the other film also....I was at the Syracuse game in Denton, TX. the previous weekend and of course also at the KU game....those were good times....Coach looks like he could use a drink....oops!.... :devil:

• Like 1

That is a great interview. You can feel how excited Ken is after such a big win. He had some great quotes including "We want to get 100 shots in that goal and then see what happens". He also mentioned that people made fun of the way they played. You can tell he felt that the win against Louisville helped to justify his approach. He and Oral sure looked a lot younger. You can see what an enthusiastic and likable person Ken was in his element.

Anybody have a clue what has happened to guys on that team like Eddie Woods, Sam McCants, Al Boswell, Greg MacDougle, etc. ???...... :ugeek:

I seem to remember hearing or reading that Eddie Woods played professionally for several years in Europe, where he married a local girl and still lives to this day (Belgium, or The Netherlands, or somewhere like that).

Farly positive that Duane Fox, a starter on that team, moved back to his hometown of Detroit and had a career in either law enforcement or corrections.

Thanks, OT...TheEagleman has forgotten all about Duane Fox.....he was a very underrated small forward and a very nice guy.... :smile:

• 8 years later...