New Court

OKC Eagle

I've made that arguement about the outlandish size "court art" for the past several years. It's pretty common for emblelms to span from three point line to three piont line. Look at this one of the Kansas Jayhawk at Allen Field house:

DSC_0061.JPG

For some reason the photo showed up in the "reply" box, but doesn't show in the post!! Go figure! It won't let me edit it for some reason, either. Don't know what's up with that.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• ORUalum

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Past success does not afford you exemption from future criticism. I agree that he's done a great job as AD, but by no means should we accept not having a voice in the process; that's especially true for those who have invested in the university.

That said, the court looks much better than it did last year. I, like many of you, would like to see us move to more of a mature look. A look that communicates the ORU brand and reinforces the Golden Eagles name. Frankly, it's a shame that our logo doesn't clearly communicate what kind of bird it actually is. That is a big problem.

In my opinion the Eli logo is a 5 on scale of 1-10. Sure it could be better, but it could also be A LOT worse. I'm satisfied with the new look. If we're going to use the bird, I'm glad we went big. The precedent was set long before we went there (see: Texas, Texas A&M, KU, Oregon, and Xavier).

YUCK......but since it's already a done deal....oh well, maybe we'll get used to it..... |(

With the National exposure we got with Eli going a few rounds in a tournament game a few years ago makes sense to give him a bigger than life image! I like the look. 8)

I guess when it comes to mascots.....Size Matters..... :wasntme:

"Upon further review", I think the Jayhawk may still have us beat, due to his oversized head and shoes.

It's like Foghorn Leghorn vs. Heckle & Jeckle, in the "Battle of the 60-Year-Old Cartoon Characters"

TheEagleman prefers Foghorn Leghorn....I say, I say, I say, I say.................. :-D

"Upon further review", I think the Jayhawk may still have us beat, due to his oversized head and shoes.

It's like Foghorn Leghorn vs. Heckle & Jeckle, in the "Battle of the 60-Year-Old Cartoon Characters"

A truly hilarious one-liner... But if you look closely at the pictures, I think Eli's wings stretch closer to the 3 point lines than the Jayhawk and I think the top of Eli's head and the bottom of his feet appear to be a little closer to the sidelines. Not that it really matters (although apparently it does).

I like the sneer and the "hair" on the Cal-Bakersfield bird.

Looks a little bit like a girl I went out with in college.

Only her beak was bigger... :-o

Geez, OT....I at least hope she had better legs than that.... :razz: