SDSU hires new Baseball Coach

89rabbit

Notre Dame used to be an associate member of the old Midwestern City Conference (now the Horizon League) in a few sports, including baseball.

We used to kick them all over the field.

Not that any of that has any bearing on this particular story.

I just like saying we kicked Notre Dame all over the field. :muscle:

he has to be receiving some type of housing and car allowance. that seems like a low salary for a D-1 coach. i would guess ORU baseball assistants make that or more.

Sounds like a decent hire for SDSU. However, I'll repeat what I said at the end of the Summit tourney - SDSU had narrowed the gap between ORU and the rest of the league in baseball, but that gap will widen once again with the loss of this Jackrabbit graduating class. SDSU built their team around the past two seasons, but couldn't break through even when hosting the tournament, and it will take a while for them to rebuild once again. Price's resignation is prime confirmation that they are taking a step back, and it's up to the new hire (and SDSU's commitment to baseball) as to how long it will take to return. Meanwhile, it appears that ORU will be back with an even stronger club in 2012.

TheEagleman says... Bring ND back....we can still kick their A$$es around the field.... ;-):mm::muscle::eagles: