New ORU soccer complex

theeagleman5

TheEagleman is excited to read about the new soccer complex....looks nice from the photo and our first Men's game is vs. OCU in just two weeks....anybody know if ORU will be decent this season?... :smile:

Looks like they're making good progress on it. Back during baseball season you could see where they were hauling in dirt to the north end of the field for the expansion that was planned, but that was about all the action taking place at that time - at least that I could see.

I guess they waited until the heat really set in to get the ball rolling! ;-)

Just another step in the continued renovation of the ORU campus. We just had relatives visiting (both of whom attended ORU) and they were commenting how beautiful the campus is looking. The past 2-3 years have brought incredible changes to the appearance of the campus.

i'm assuming this is the same Case that has given a lot of money to TU athletics. mike carter must have great ties to the community. i'm sure it also helps in courting donors to no longer have RR and LR associated w/the university. college athletics is an arms race and it looks like ORU is keeping up w/or surpassing schools of its size. this new complex should help w/recruiting and creating more student interest for the soccer program.

Notice all the good stuff happening since RR is gone.....all the money for campus upgrades was being spent on LR's wardrobe..... :-P

Notice all the good stuff happening since RR is gone.....all the money for campus upgrades was being spent on LR's wardrobe..... :-P

The beautification efforts have nothing to do with RR and LR and everything to do with the Green family. If it weren't for the Green's huge and generous hearts towards ORU, we wouldn't have a message board to even be discussing anything ORU-related. Not only have the Greens invested their money, but their time and management talents (individually and their company talents) to make ORU a better place.

As a matter of fact, without the Greens, our giving levels would be at the same levels as when RR was around. It was the Greens' matching gifts that motivated the giving for reducing the debt and the Whole Person Scholarships. If we didn't have those matching gift programs, I don't know that we could have motivated the giving levels that we have seen since late-2007.

Just my two-cents worth....

• 2 weeks later...

PTL for Mart Green and Family.... :clap::rock::up: ......no doubt your comments are all right on track, Bogus......but there's still little doubt that $$$ was misused by RR and LR.... :n: ....if we still had RR, there would be no new soccer complex, baseball stadium renovation, new basketball court, etc....but we know that's old news....still, those two are on TV and not giving up trying to get people to support their folly.....they just don't get it.... :n::x:fubar::puke:

ORU at OCU DH tonight....I know these are just "pre-season" games but it would be nice for both the men and ladies to start with a win..... :wink:

Who will be the starting goalie for ORU this season with Techanchuk having graduated?.... :ugeek:

Anybody know how the mens and womens soccer teams did Friday night at OCU?....nothing mentioned on orugoldeneagles.com.... :ugeek: