• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• Old Titan

• tmh8286

• TrueBlue82

Stanford Cardinal, host of the NIT Preseason Preview "West Pod", checks in at #84.

If neither team advances to New York City, it would be awesome to see the Cardinal at the Mabee Center in the consolation bracket.

No. 84 - Stanford Cardinal

Santa Clara #83....I would think ORU is going to appear sometime this week...... :ugeek:

#82 UAB

#81 Iona

#80 Georgia Tech

Still no ORU.....amazing!....We are in the top 79?........... :ugeek:

I don't know Eagleman...looks like we may be 145.

I'm beginning to think you're right, voice. Hard to imagine us going this high on an unproven commodity. WE'RE excited about this year's team, but would an outside source be?

The only thing is, OT said that three Summit League teams are in the line-up, and only two have been named so far . . . :ugeek:

I'm beginning to think you're right, voice. Hard to imagine us going this high on an unproven commodity. WE'RE excited about this year's team, but would an outside source be?

The only thing is, OT said that three Summit League teams are in the line-up, and only two have been named so far . . . :ugeek:

Maybe the author is paying tribute to Oral himself by ranking ORU at #77. 8-)

145?.....the thought has crossed my mind....but OT said there was another Summit team coming.....still, TheEagleman finds it hard to believe that ORU is in the top 80.....that dog just doesn't hunt.... :ugeek:

Here's how the pundits view it: we have ALL FIVE STARTERS back from a team that won 19 games last year, while finishing second in both the Summit League regular season and conference tournament portions of it's schedule, before falling in overtime on the road to an SMU team that reached the finals of the CollegeInsider.com tournament.

Maybe they even know that '09-'10 Newcomer Of The Year Michael Craion is returning as a "sixth starter".

Perhaps they have even seen that ridiculous stat where more than 90% of our minutes played last year are back this year.

Taking that all into consideration, why shouldn't we be considered one of the top 80 teams in the country heading into the season?

Here's how the pundits view it: we have ALL FIVE STARTERS back from a team that won 19 games last year, while finishing second in both the Summit League regular season and conference tournament portions of it's schedule, before falling in overtime on the road to an SMU team that reached the finals of the CollegeInsider.com tournament.

Maybe they even know that '09-'10 Newcomer Of The Year Michael Craion is returning as a "sixth starter".

Perhaps they have even seen that ridiculous stat where more than 90% of our minutes played last year are back this year.

Taking that all into consideration, why shouldn't we be considered one of the top 80 teams in the country heading into the season?

My only reservation in that line of thinking is that it's hard for me to believe anyone would put that much brain power into evaluating what most would call - and it pains me to say this - a "low" major program.

But I could be (and hope I am) wrong . . . :ugeek:

All I know for sure is that the preview of IUPUI predicted the Jags to finish 3rd in the Summit League, and the preview of Oakland had the Grizzlies finishing 2nd.

Unless we've been inadvertently skipped, then I feel pretty good about us eventually showing up as the No. 1 pick for the league.

All I know for sure is that the preview of IUPUI predicted the Jags to finish 3rd in the Summit League, and the preview of Oakland had the Grizzlies finishing 2nd.

Unless we've been inadvertently skipped, then I feel pretty good about us eventually showing up as the No. 1 pick for the league.

Makes sense . . .

If we get ranked ahead of UAB, Georgia Tech, Stanford, St. John's, South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, & Missouri St., that would be quite a bit of respect shown to ORU...

If we get ranked ahead of UAB, Georgia Tech, Stanford, St. John's, South Carolina, Georgia, Oklahoma, & Missouri St., that would be quite a bit of respect shown to ORU...

That's why I think Joel Welser, the guy who does this list, is just evaluating our team on its merits and not by the name on its chest, which is commendable.

Look at it this way: if another team from a low-major conference, like the Ohio Valley, the Southland, the Patriot League, etc. had the credentials that we have, would you have a problem with someone ranking them among the top 80 teams in the country in the preseason?

And, for what it's worth, folks, wherever they rank us doesn't earn us a dang thing: we still have to play the games.

As far as I know, they don't hand out any trophies until March... :wait:

#79 Arkansas....#78 USC.....I think OT is gonna be right....ORU looks to be in the top 75....that kind of respect would be amazing!..... :ugeek:

Maybe the author is paying tribute to Oral himself by ranking ORU at #77. 8-)

La Tech steals #77, so much for that theory!

#76 Minnesota and #75 Northern Iowa....Geez.....maybe ORU is #145?..... :sweat::worried::sweat: