KS Big Man "Getting Interest" From ORU

Old Titan

It's ALWAYS a good sign for recruiting combatants when a kid makes an official visit to a school, yet does not immediately make a verbal commitment to that program.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• SOLO_Gold

Hard to believe ORU will get this guy.....but, ya never know....it would be a fantastic pick up for us.....we sure could use a two guard for next season...... :nerd:

It's ALWAYS a good sign for recruiting combatants when a kid makes an official visit to a school, yet does not immediately make a verbal commitment to that program.

Agree 100%

If Aaron wants to play in the NCAA tournament, he should take a long, hard look at our program. Bottom line is that Utah State, Boise State, and Idaho will probably reign at the top of that conference for some time to come.

#TRUEBLUE

ORU is the place to be for the next few years....we'll have a good shot to win the Summit every year if we stay healthy.... :nerd:

i bet he is holding out for the free trip to the garden spot that is fresno, california.

ORU also offers the chance for his family to be able to see him play regularly in addition to a better chance for the NCAA tournament.

Now two other OKHoops top 10 2012 targets are looking to also become Division One athletes. 6 foot 3 combo guard Aaron Anderson of Edmond Santa Fe and 6 foot 6 combo forward Corbin Byford of Velma-Alma recently went coastal for visits and OKHoops caught up with both of them for their thoughts.

“I really enjoyed my Nevada visit. I still feel I may need a few weeks to weigh my options,” responded Anderson during a short phone conversation with OKHoops.

Anderson currently has offers from Nevada, Fresno St. and Oral Roberts. The 6 foot 3 power guard is working on an official visit with Fresno St. and has taken an unofficial visit to Oral Roberts.

Byford is seemingly in the same situation as Anderson with an out of state university, Lafayette of the Patriot League, hot in pursuit to go along with local D1 institution, Oral Roberts.

“Lafayette gave me a lot to think about. I had a great visit,” said Byford about his visit last weekend.

“Right now I’m really leaning to ORU though. I’m looking to visit there in the next two or three weeks”

Quick Hits

- Oral Roberts is making the rounds with visits to 2012 hopefuls Anderson, Byford, and Tulsa Washington combo forward 6 foot 6 Phabian Glasco. They have also offered 6 foot 7 2013 big man Shaquille Morris of Edmond Santa Fe.

http://okhoops.com/?p=1044

ORU could sure use Shaq!.... :?:

Lafayette is not much of a basketball school but is a fine academic institution.....it will be interesting to see which this kid chooses because the schools are not only 1500+ miles apart also but totally different types of universities.... :nerd:

All I know about Velma-Alma is that she was really great on Scooby-Doo.

Velma.jpg

"Jinkies!!"

Seriously, I'm fired up that we are recruiting all over the state, and not just in Green Country. We have traditionally had a lot of luck with in-state recruits.

CORBIN BYFORD

“Right now I’m really leaning to ORU though. I’m looking to visit there in the next two or three weeks”

I like the left-handed dunk coming down the lane in traffic: strong.

One of the knocks on small-school guys is that they aren't ready for the physical nature of D-1 basketball, but it appears from these highlights that he doesn't mind mixing it up a little underneath.

He has some very strong moves under the basket and pretty good footwork for a high school kid. Not a bad looking outside shot either (although anybody can look good on a highlight reel so I wonder what his outside % would be).

What we know from the OKHoops.com story - we are recruiting the following Oklahoma players:

Corbin Byford (Velma-Alma) - 6'6" combo forward

Aaron Anderson (Edmond Sante Fe) - 6'3" combo guard

Shaquille Morris (Edmond Sante Fe) - 6'7" forward

Phabian Glasco (Booker T. Washington - Tulsa) - 6'6" combo forward

C.J. Cole (Sperry, OK) - 6'7" forward

We also have heard that that we are still recruiting the Kansas City area and Texas.... Signing day is in about six weeks.

Maybe Byford is still growing. (We can hope) His outside shot (and form) looks good - although as noted, everyone's scouting tapes look good. Would be nice to have a forward who can step out and make a jumper. Let's hope Tree and Craion have been working on their jump shots.

PHABIAN GLASCO

ORU Team Camp and 2011 News

June 24, 2011

"OKHoops talked with Glasco’s father and he revealed that prep school may be an option for the 6 foot 6 forward to help evolve his game."

Recruiting Notebook

October 3, 2011

"Oral Roberts is making the rounds with visits to 2012 hopefuls ...Tulsa Washington combo forward 6 foot 6 Phabian Glasco."

C.J. COLE

Recruiting Notebook

October 3, 2011

"Cole has offers from Drake and Davidson along with interest from Butler and Oral Roberts (is considering walking on at OU)."

Skip to 40 secs in...

Hunter McClintock?.....never liked him...... :razz:;-)