KS Big Man "Getting Interest" From ORU

Old Titan

i think he wa s in the mid 80s grad 1986?? ot did u play against him in the tulsa rec centers? i did he was good even as a youngster 15 or 16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ORUalum

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• SOLO_Gold

I think Pritchard graduated from Edison in '85 or '86. Hankins last year at Edison was '84. Tom went on to star at Northeastern State, while Pritchard in 1986 had the distinction of being the first Jayhawk to sink a trey at Phog Allen Fieldhouse after the 3-point line was introduced.

I never played in any rec games with Pritchard, but I did have the distinct pleasure of playing with both Tom Hankins and Conley Phipps back in the late '90's at the Aerobics Center, and let me tell you, those two can flat out shoot!

Come to think of it, those were some fun games during lunch hour at the AC - other standouts from time to time included marketing director Rob Marshall, former ORU walk-on Daniel Chee, Dean of Men Clarence "BoBo" Boyd, athletic academic advisor and former OU football player Michael McDaniel, plus the occasional former men's player.

The biggest jerk who played there at the time? Sunny Golloway: a chucker AND a hacker, who at the same time never thought he fouled anyone.

Funny how much you can learn about a guy from playing basketball, golf, cards, etc....

Sunny Golloway?....hummmm...a recognizable name....wasn't his daughter in Playboy?...... :razz::rofl::razz:

The biggest jerk who played there at the time? Sunny Golloway: a chucker AND a hacker, who at the same time never thought he fouled anyone.

Funny how much you can learn about a guy from playing basketball, golf, cards, etc....

every pick up game has "that guy." why am i not surprised Sunny served that role in your pick up games.

on another note, is there anybody that has spent any time in the AC in the last 30+ years that hasn't played at least once w/Dean Boyd.

on another note, is there anybody that has spent any time in the AC in the last 30+ years that hasn't played at least once w/Dean Boyd.

LOL - BoBo was a tough guy to guard in the paint: he had a wicked rainbow fall-away shot that was virtually impossible to block, kind of like a mini-Elvin Hayes.

ah yes played against bobo in intramurals bt express had a REAL tough guy in sam mccamey

Sam McCamey was a VERY good player at ORU back in the early 70's....sure wish ORU had Sam on the 72-73 or 73-74 squads....he was tough inside....we might have won it all in 1974 with his grit and character on the team....Sam was a PE teacher of TheEagleman back in the day....loved talking roundball with him....a very nice guy....is he still in Tulsa?..he must be in his early 60's?.... :-)

Sam McCamey succeeded BoBo as Athletic Dorm Director when BoBo moved up to Dean of Men.

Poor guy.

Let's just say his indoctrination was long and painful.

• 2 weeks later...

@Kaufman_32

8/15/11 7:06 PM

"Visit to Oral Roberts was a success!"

A curious choice of words - but positive! :clap:

Also, since it appears things are getting pretty serious with this kid, somebody needs to change the title of this thread: as pointed out earlier by ORUAlum, Andover is a suburb of Wichita, not Kansas City...

A curious choice of words - but positive! :clap:

much better than if he said #epicfail :-D. ORU would seem to be a good fit if he likes the school...relatively close to home and ORU is going to be thin in the front court so he should have a chance to play next year. as long as WSU doesn't get interested, i'd bet ORU has a good shot of landing him.

Edmond Santa Fe’s Aaron Anderson gets ORU offer

Edmond Santa Fe has produced several Division I basketball players over the last decade, and the string is continuing.

Senior Aaron Anderson, a 6-foot-2 combo guard, received a scholarship offer from Oral Roberts on Monday, according to his AAU team, the Oklahoma Wizards.

Anderson also has an offer from Arkansas-Little Rock. He averaged 8.4 points and 3.9 assists, shooting 50 percent from the floor as a junior.

The Wolves also have a pair of front court prospects gaining college attention in 6-foot-7 senior Michael Onuoha and 6-foot-8 junior Shaquille Morris.

According to his Twitter post, Aaron Anderson visited both ORU and TU today.

• 5 weeks later...