US Women's Open

Hammersmith

I'm sure women's golf isn't followed that much around here(or anywhere for that matter), but NDSU golfer Amy Anderson is co-leading(-2) the US Women's Open after a weather-shortened first day. Amy won the Summit League Tournament, Summit Golf PotY, was selected for the NCAA Regionals then Nationals as an at-large, placed 12th at Nationals(highest finish ever for Summit League), and received the NCAA Elite 88 award. She has already completely rewritten the record books at NDSU and she's only a sophomore(junior this fall). Just thought a couple of you might tune into the Open if you knew a Summit League player was contending.

Thanks for the heads up, bro....TheEagleman will watch....FORE!!!... :wink:

First round is basically over and Amy is in a three-way tie for second, one stroke back from the leader.

Amy struggled today and shot +6 on her second round. At +4 overall, she's 9 strokes back from the leader but in no danger of missing the cut. She might not be near the top of the leaderboard, but at least she'll still be competing on her birthday tomorrow(19).

Congrats on Anderson making the cut....unfortunately, she's dropping quickly... down to +6 and still in the 3rd round (which has resumed this morning)...I guess they are going to try complete the 3rd round this morning and get the final 18 in later this afternoon....TheEagleman is pulling for Paula Creamer to win as 2nd straight Open.....geez, I wonder why?..... ;-):inlove:;-)

Congrats on Anderson making the cut....unfortunately, she's dropping quickly... down to +6 and still in the 3rd round (which has resumed this morning)...I guess they are going to try complete the 3rd round this morning and get the final 18 in later this afternoon....TheEagleman is pulling for Paula Creamer to win as 2nd straight Open.....geez, I wonder why?..... ;-):inlove:;-)

It's great she's had some success so far. Regardless of her finish, it will have been a wonderful experience for Amy.

Amy Anderson is pulling up the rear midway thru the final round...she's struggled the past two days....can't expect a 19 yr old amateur to compete for 4 rounds with these seasoned pros....still, a great effort just making the cut.... :clap:

Well, Anderson isn't going to finish last...some are still on the course but there are at least 6-7 players below Amy on the leaderboard....good work by the gal from NDSU!... :up:

From a Bisonvile fan that was there, it sounds like she missed some short putts and it rattled her game during the third round(+10). She pulled it back some during the final round by shooting +3 on the front nine and an even par on the back. Finishing the big tournaments is something she has to work on. If I remember right, a similar thing happened at the 2009 U.S. Women's Amateur. Still, great experience for her. By the way, her current plans are to finish college + masters and CPA before she even considers going pro.