Oakland's Keith Benson goes to Atlanta Hawks

SOLO_Gold

Congratulations to Oakland, their fans, and Keith Benson on being selected in last night's NBA draft. (Detroit Free Press Article)

It was a mixed bag of reactions regarding the pick. Some feel like Atlanta got a steal in Benson, while others like Chad Ford (see below) feel that Benson is still too soft to make it in the league.

@chadfordinsider - Hawks take Keith Benson with the 48th pick. Tall, athletic but Charmin soft.

All I know is that the kid seems to get better every year he plays the game. I wouldn't bet against him as much as I would bet against a poorly run Hawks organization.

The first player ever drafted from Oakland U. will be a stiff in the NBA....he may have dominated in the Summit but the pros are a little different....he'll get pushed around like the Italians and the French in WWII.... :-P

lesson from recent NBA drafts --- skip college, move to europe, and add some letter v's and c's to your name. don't understand what was going on in the second round. it's like scouts prefer grainy footage of guys playing against inferior talent.

heard doug gottleib ripping the lakers a new one on 'Mike and Mike' for not drafting benson w/one of their 2nd round picks. i tend to agree w/theeagleman, benson needs to a lot of muscle or he will be thrown around down low. i suspect he will be spending some time in the d-league trying to fill-out.

Benson can do it - but does he want to do it? I wonder sometimes if these kids get burned out of basketball. He has probably been playing hoops most of his life and maybe he is tired of it.

He is talented and is skilled enought to play - just needs to gain weight, muscle and desire/attitude.