• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• bballmangc

• ORUalum

Based on the Rivals.com story, it appears he was a 2009 high school graduate - that would make him a sophomore or junior in terms of eligibility.

Not your basic walk-on: looks like he was pretty seriously considered by the likes of Cornell and Murray State. Ought to be a good one to have on the squad.

For that matter, based on the "#notawalkon" tweet, are we sure this kid isn't on scholarship? Here's who we assume are our 13 full-rides:

1. Morrison

2. Craion

3. Niles

4. Bell-Holter

5. Roundtree

6. Pearson

7. Holdman

8. Lliteras

9. Mangum

10. Obaseki

11. Bilbury

12. Jackson

13. Glover (transfer from Utah)

Could it be that one of these guys isn't going to make it after all, or isn't considered one of the 13 schollies?

Doubtful: the tweet probably just means, "not your typical walk-on".

Guess we'll find out sooner or later - but looks like a good guy to have in practice and on the roster, nonetheless.

Twitter, the message board, and the internet in general have really served to limit the number of unknown faces on the podium at the "Courtside Countdown" any more. This guy could have easily joined the team unnoticed had it not been for social media.

I heard that both of them were on campus this summer taking classes - but do not have confirmation of that. They were scheduled to attend a prep school in the Northeast this Fall. If so, the school would probably start sometime after Labor Day.

Has anyone heard if all the guys are back on campus yet? Any sign of Roundtree and Niles?

I watched a little bit of a pick-up game on Friday: Tree and Niles were both there, looked good.

But, as far as the "eye test" goes, the two most impressive guys were DBH and Rod Pearson: both looked slimmer and were moving REALLY well. Rod was cutting and running with abandon, and no one could stop Damen when he got the ball down low.

Criaon, Lliteras, and Obaseki were not there, but all three apparently are around campus, but just had schedule conflicts.

any word if craion is back 100%?

More like 120% - I've heard he's gotten pretty big during his lay-off, which may not be all bad if he's going to have to play a lot of minutes down low this season.

It's still too soon to tell how his foot truly is, or will be - just have to see how it responds when they start getting after it in the coming weeks.

What I have heard is that both he and Tree have a great attitude about the competition at the "4" spot - neither one is being a prima donna about starting or coming off the bench.

I think in a perfect world the coaches would prefer to start Craion and have Tree coming off the bench, but if Michael isn't ready by November, or is just not up to speed yet, they're fine with doing the reverse, too.

Tough choices for coach Sutton.....but Tree has to start....he's gonna be the best player on the team by Christmas....heck, he may have been just that at the end of last season....that young man has a ton of talent....now, if he can just stay out of foul trouble....it would be nice to have Craion coming off the bench to spell DBH and Tree for 20-25 total minutes a game..... :ugeek:

But, as far as the "eye test" goes, the two most impressive guys were DBH and Rod Pearson.

Great report! I really believe our "upside" this year will depend primarily on the output of these two guys and the health of Craion. Overall, we have a very strong top 6/7, but if DBH plays to his full potential, Craion rebounds as well as his junior year, and Pearson runs the point, distributes the ball, and makes an occasional bucket just to keep defenses honest, we could be scary good.

ORU needs...

1. better defense

2. a healthy craion

3. the rod pearson of late last season

4. more consistent play from niles.

if DoMo does not lead the team to the NCAA tourny this year he will end his career at ORU w/zero wins over TU and zero trips to the dance.

ORU needs...

1. better defense

2. a healthy craion

3. the rod pearson of late last season

4. more consistent play from niles.

You had me at "better defense". :inlove:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: .....the ol' Jerry Maguire line always works..... :rofl::rofl::rofl:

he's gonna be the best player on the team by Christmas....

such a ridiculous statement.

Oh really, pal???.....I'll bet you a case of Coors that I'm right....Roundtree has the most pure talent on this ORU squad if he plays smart........don't test TheEaglemans' patience....you young bucks will figure this game out some day....... |(

From the Baseball forum -

ORUalum, on 04 June 2011 - 09:15 PM, said:

pretty ridiculous coverage on espnU. they are giving ORU no shot...already discussing who TCU will throw against DBU tomorrow night.

kkrajenka Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

not too ridiculous for them to look past us. we are big underdogs going into this game. especially since we don't have a solid #3 pitcher.

I'd say your prognostication skills are not the greatest..... and you seem to like the word ridiculous.

Oh really, pal???.....I'll bet you a case of Coors that I'm right....Roundtree has the most pure talent on this ORU squad if he plays smart........don't test TheEaglemans' patience....you young bucks will figure this game out some day....... |(

Talent and actually doing it are two different things. I like Roundtree a lot but he has to stay out of foul trouble this year to play to his potential. I think he could be our best big man, but Morrison is the best player on the team and will stay that way all year in my opinion. I like Roundtree coming off the bench (if Craion is healthy) as well seems like refs always have a tight whistle to start the game no reason to get in a spot to pick up cheap fouls. I really think our big man rotation will be DBH, Craion, Tree, don't see anyone else getting much time except for spot minutes here or there.

Plus, eagleman, weren't you calling for McClintock to be best guard on the team last year? Kinda hurts your track record... :think: