1 Less Player

dchief42

They are two different types of players - although if Tree can develop a consistent jump shot it would make him very formidable.

And we need DoMo to mix it up more under the basket - grabbing rebounds and posting up down low.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Old Titan

• theeagleman5

• bballmangc

• ORUalum

Plus, eagleman, weren't you calling for McClintock to be best guard on the team last year? Kinda hurts your track record... :think:

LOL. "Ah, Hunter - we hardly knew ye..." :rofl:

i don't think any of us want to go down the road of players we got wrong. i thought daren jordan and marchello vealy were going to win a lot of games for ORU. speaking of marchello, he may be the ultimate ORU one-hit wonder.

Hunter who?.... : :oops: ....yeah, i totally overrated McClintock based on videos I had seen....but then again, he was coming off major knee surgery last season and never had his quickness....he still might wind up being a good player somewhere....the young man clearly has skills but not sure he can play at the D-1 level.....TheEagleman would have loved to see Hunter when 100% healthy....heck, Pearson was horrible early last season but came on strong the last month as he got healthy....Rod might be our best guard this year....they say it takes at least 18 months before a player is near 100% after an ACL tear....having had the opportunity to watch Roundtree play about 8-10 games last year....the kid has "ridiculous" talent....he clearly has the biggest upside of any ORU player that was on the roster last season....nice touch around the basket....good ball skills in taking it to the hole and a rebounding force....if he can add 10-12 pounds of muscle.....look out.....Tree also had a nice touch from the 12-15 foot range.....if he has been working hard in the off season, TheEagleman is looking for an average of 15-18 pts per game and 6-8 boards....DoMo is surely our leader and "the man" in crunch time....but Roundtree is going to be a close 2nd and the guy who should succeed Morrison.... :wink:

i don't think any of us want to go down the road of players we got wrong. i thought daren jordan and marchello vealy were going to win a lot of games for ORU. speaking of marchello, he may be the ultimate ORU one-hit wonder.

Even if the Kansas game is marcello's only contribution to the ORU program, I'm fine with it. A lot of wasted talent but I'll still take knocking off KU (especially since I was there!)

Isn't it safe to say that ANYONE we ever gave a scholarship to upon arrival, who subsequently left school and/or or never played significant minutes, is "someone we got wrong"?

• 2 weeks later...

Idk if anyone said this on any other threads, but Shawn Glover hurt his ankle pretty bad in practice, I saw him in a leg brace and crutches a couple weeks ago at the AC

Well....the kid has 6 weeks to get healthy before practice starts in Mid-October....anybody hear what the prognosis is?....not sure how much this kid will play anyway..... :ugeek:

Well....the kid has 6 weeks to get healthy before practice starts in Mid-October....anybody hear what the prognosis is?....not sure how much this kid will play anyway..... :ugeek:

Ummm...he's out for the season E'man. Transfer rules from Utah.. :oops:

Well....I guess that answers that....he has a year to heal up..... :ugeek: