Michele Bachmann

Bogus Smith

ORU Graduate, Michele Bachmann, puts her hat in the ring for President of the United States. How do you think she will fare in the primaries?? Will she replace Kathi Lee Gifford as the most notable female student at ORU in PR pieces associated with the athletic department?

She did well in the debates (or whatever they were) last night. She's a very capable woman. Look for her to be a force in the primaries and possibly the VP candidate.

Gifford doesn't hold a candle to her. (Bachmann graduated from the last class of the law school in 1986.)

Somehow, I don't see her on the front of the next Golden Eagle Club renewal form . . . :shock:

I've always kind of resented the fact that she didn't acknowledge her association with ORU on her personal web page. She listed every school she'd attended from junior high to graduate law, but no ORU. She said only that she attended "the O.W. Coburn School of Law", with no mention of what university it was associated with. It was that way for years. The funny thing is, every other web site providing a bio of her said she got her law degree from Oral Roberts University. I think it was a pretty weak dodge.

Before posting this, though, I checked her site and I'm glad to report that that is no longer the case. Her web site now states ". . . She received her J.D. at the O.W. Coburn School of Law at Oral Roberts University". I'm happy now.

She graduated from ORU law school the same year I graduated from the dental school. Man, she must be old.

TheEagleman thought Michelle was pretty good and will continue to listen....however, she's got basically no shot....I like Rick Santorum the former U.S. Senator from PA....he has the experience, the values and is a believer....too bad that Mitt Romney is probably the guy to beat...maybe some internet photos of him will turn up somewhere soon..... :-D