ORU vs DBU, Game 2

ManiacAlum

The DBU player turned toward the plate when he got hit on that last pitch. That was definitely not a walk by the definition of the rule mentioned earlier.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• ORUJason

• Bogus Smith

• ManiacAlum

Top Posters In This Topic

Spring is coming in to pitch. He pitched several innings earlier in this regional. I wonder how many innings he can go.

11-4. We will need a few breaks and for Spring to settle in.

Who else do we have in the pen besides Spring.

What about Sean Johnson or Rush?

Would Bowen be good for an inning or two?

Let's get some runs!!!

We're gonna need a lot of runs....what happened to Gonzalez in Ft. Worth, boys?... :worried:

Amazing catch by Winiecki in center field!

Now let's score some runs!

11-8! We're chipping away. Elder on 2nd and King coming to the plate. New DBU pitcher coming in.

Amazing game and an amazing bunch of guys...ORU never gives up...only down 3 and we are still batting in the 6th...gonna be a late night, boys.... :ugeek:

Looks like we're going to Waco after we finish this comeback. Baylor up 6-1 in the 4th and they have way better pitching than DBU.

That was our big chance...tying run on 2nd base and our big hitters up...nada....still down 11-9 in the 9th....win or lose, the boys gave us a great weekend.... :ugeek:

Whatever happens here, Cam needs to spend a good part of the summer speeding up his release. Way too close there.

Unfair to ask the team to dig out of a 8 run hole.

How do you not pull the pitcher after 4 runs? 6 runs?

The entire team paid for that mistake.

If I remember correctly, the pitcher was pulled after either 5 or 6 runs. The reliever gave up a couple but there were also a couple bobbles that kept the inning going. Elder didn't catch a deep fly ball looking into the sun and the 3rd baseman dropped a ball that would have been an out at 3rd base. Gotta make those plays to help the pitchers when they are being squeezed by the umpire.

If Gonzalez doesn't blow up, we definitely win that game, especially as dialed in as Spring was.

After the top of the 1st, we outscored DBU 9-3.

Yeah, looking back, not really sure we could have pulled Gonzalez any earlier. Just couldn't get anybody out. The freshman struggled, that happens. Still very proud of all of these guys, especially in this game.

Cal wins 9-8 in the bottom of the 9th - walk-off single. Could have had a Super Regional! :(

Cal was down 7-1 in the 6th, scores four runs in the 9th and comes back to win it at the end. Woulda, coulda, shoulda....

random thoughts from the game...

-arrived after one run was already in but cheech had nothing...not sure why coach walton let it go so far before pulling him

-thought the DBU coach saved the game by pulling his starter after the grand slam w/out retiring a batter

-DBU's second pitcher really stabilized the game

-joe spring was amazing after martony gave up a few runs

-i don't think you can hit a ball any harder than the double baligod crushed to the alley

-schlehuber getting thrown out at second trying to stretch a single really hurt

-understood pinch hitting for barnett in the late innings, but i'm surprised coach walton picked williams instead of sowers (by the way, how many backwards k's did ORU's eight hole hitter record tonight?)

-DBU coach almost lost the game by not starting the eighth w/his closer. when he struck out elder and king the game was over

-incredible effort by ORU not to pack it in early, but the hole dug ended up being too deep

another great season by coach walton and the whole team. they played all out and just about made it to the supers. i suspect w/ OSU going 2 and BBQ they may come calling for coach walton...hope i'm wrong, but i would imagine that is his dream job.