• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• ManiacAlum

• Bogus Smith

I was told cal couldn't host. I never said anything was definite (to my memory). It just seemed highly likely oru would host if cal won. Who knows. Talk by yourself for 17 hours over 4 days out in the heat no telling what I said.

Had fun this year as always. Wish we were still going.

tmh jinxed us. Period.

You have no idea how heavily that responsibility weighs on my shoulders . . . :-(

I was told cal couldn't host. I never said anything was definite (to my memory). It just seemed highly likely oru would host if cal won. Who knows. Talk by yourself for 17 hours over 4 days out in the heat no telling what I said.

Had fun this year as always. Wish we were still going.

Hey man, I'm sure it was my mistake. No doubt a little wishful thinking on my part! :angel:

REALLY enjoyed your broadcasts this year, Big Geoff!! Wish I was cheering on the Eagles at JLJ this weekend, ear buds firmly pressed into each ear, listening to you do play-by-play just a few more times.

TheEagleman also had dreams of a CWS appearance dancing in my head....a super regional at JLJ...oh the thought!.....but as a longtime Philly fan, TheEagleman is used to major disappointments....I just add this one to the list....Go DBU!.... :blink:

That's surprising...for a team that basically did little all year to get hot at the end (18-5 since May 1) and be listed in the Top 30 in the nation.....very impressive....when does the DBU-Cal game start tonight?...won't it be incredible if the Patriots make the CWS?....oh brother... :blink:

TheEagleman just checked ESPN.com and the DBU-Cal series starts Saturday night...UNC and Florida have already won opening games in their Super Regionals this afternoon..... :ugeek:

This ORU fan hopes DBU chokes on it big time. Their fans were douches. Go Cal Bears, much better story, a true Phoenix-rise.

This ORU fan hopes DBU chokes on it big time. Their fans were douches. Go Cal Bears, much better story, a true Phoenix-rise.

I didn't really like the on-field behavior of their players or coaches, either, although I was impressed with the DBU head coach in the post-game interview.

No love lost on the DBU Patriots for THIS ORU fan, either, Parker228.

I think I've mentioned this before, but the daughter of a previous ORU baseball player is the tennis coach at DBU. She's a wonderful person, from a wonderful family, so I don't want to paint my feelings about DBU with too broad a brush!!

So what were the players, coaches and fans doing in Ft. Worth that ticked you guys off?....if they are truly douche bags...TheEagleman doesn't want to root for them either..... ;-)

Dallas Baptist trails Cal, 3-0 in the 5th inning of game 1 tonight....oh, what could have been..... :cry:

Cal wins in a shutout 7-0. Apparently they have some pretty good starting pitching this year and are hot right now, so I guess it wouldn't have been automatic even if we got Cal in Tulsa...

Certainly not...it appears as if the Golden Bears are heading to the CWS....DBU's dream is 9 innings away from ending.... :ugeek:

Texas, Vanderbilt, Florida, UNC and So. Carolina are headed to the CWS....Cal can eliminate DBU tonight which is probable....Florida State and Cal-Irvine have forced rubber games tomorrow....would have been nice to be watching ORU-Cal tonight.... :ugeek:

California gets a pair in the first and leads 2-0....DBU looks nervous....the game is on ESPNU live.... :ugeek:

California 5....Dallas Baptist 2 in the 5th....the Patriots are hanging in there but are gonna need to rally.... :ugeek:

Cal wins it 6-2. DBU manages 2 runs in 2 games and goes out with a whimper.