2011-12 opponents

Hoopsdude18

Rogers State or Oklahoma Baptist would always come to Mabee Center if TU won't....or how about a rematch with Drury....that game was a barnburner last year.... :ugeek:

• Upvote 1

another tough schedule for coach sutton. if they can't get TU scheduled, i say schedule an "East Popcorn State" and add another win to the schedule.

+ 1,000,000

TU should have to either play us next season (but, still in January or February) OR write us a check.

A few thoughts on the still-to-be-finalized schedule:

1. No dates yet on "at UALR" and the TU game. Getting pretty close to school starting - the parties involved are going to have to figure this stuff out ASAP, since the dates influence a variety of campus events and activities - and vice versa.

Since when have ORU men's bball games taken precedence over other events on campus anyways. Hope there's no chapel the night they finally schedule it.

Ah, for a return to the days when the entire ORU campus was just about shut down during basketball games.....TheEagleman remembers berating guys on the wing who decided they were going to pass up a game to study for 2 hrs....I still think attendence at ORU basketball should be mandatory in the honor code.... :wink:

Let's make the TU game an exhibition game....that way, they won't be too embarassed when we beat them by 30..... :grin:

Let's make the TU game an exhibition game....that way, they won't be too embarassed when we beat them by 30..... :grin:

The longer it goes without an announcement on a date for the ORU/TU game, the more I think that game won't be played this year. What a shame. That is one of my favorite games every year.

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of tweaks regarding dates, from schools that have yet to announce their schedules:

1. at UALR is tentatively scheduled for Monday, December 12.

2. at Xavier is tentatively scheduled for Sunday, December 18.

As for TU?

No news is likely bad news - the silence is deafening. :x

Have to wonder: if the TU game doesn't get scheduled, do we try to replace the game with a Non D-1 at the Mabee Center, or do we try to find a big-name guarantee game on the road?

Or, do we just not replace the game at all - we're still over the required minimum number of games with the four "otherwise-exempt-from-your-max-total" NIT games.

You guys know how I feel about it: I say bring in a Non D-1 team, if for no other reason than it helps your record in the long run.

Just think if we had played one last year: we would have had a 20-win season.

I agree with you about scheduling a non D-1 school - but I also think the pay day from scheduling a big name school would be pretty alluring to the Athletic Department.

Bring in a non D-1 team if it means playing at home....I think that's important....Drury, Oklahoma Baptist, etc....I guess it's too late to get a low mid major to come in?...how much could a team like Central Arkansas, Grambling or Texas Southern want to come to Mabee?....heck, let's play them a home and home.... :ugeek:

• 2 weeks later...

DBH just posted on his Facebook that we'll be playing Gonzaga this season.

"alright...... I'm STOKED right now. We are officially playing Gonzaga in December... if you're close to GU or in the WA area... come! I'm stoked to have an opportunity to play in front of family and friends!!!!"

DBH just posted on his Facebook that we'll be playing Gonzaga this season.

"alright...... I'm STOKED right now. We are officially playing Gonzaga in December... if you're close to GU or in the WA area... come! I'm stoked to have an opportunity to play in front of family and friends!!!!"

Hmmmm . . . if that's true, I'd take Gonzaga over TU in a heartbeat!! WE get Gonzaga, they get Jackson State.

Looks like I'll be needing to finish reading "BraveHearts: The Against-All-Odds Rise of Gonzaga Basketball" by Bud Withers. I started it a couple years ago, but interest faded about half-way through. It's still sitting in my study. This may help rekindle interest in it.

Hmmmm . . . if that's true, I'd take Gonzaga over TU in a heartbeat!! WE get Gonzaga, they get Jackson State.

their respective approaches to the loss of the game says a lot about the two coaches

Gonzaga?....that's amazing....I wonder if it's just a one time thing or a 2 for 1?....If just a guarantee game, ORU will be getting some nice $$$ to go up to Washington.... :ugeek:

DBH & the freshman Obeseki will get some major playing time.

Gonzaga has length at every position (especially the 4). DBH will need to focus on his footwork to stay up with Rob Sacre & Kelly Olynyk... I know Gonzaga's record in the Kennel is amazing but I think we could actually win this game. Gonzaga usually outscores teams. They don't play very good defense... at least Few's teams the past 3-4 years have struggled to lock teams down. Plus they lost both their PG's in Steven Gray and Demetri Goodson; we all know how hard it is to play without a true PG.

If we can keep them in the high 60's I say we have a good chance.