2011-12 opponents

Hoopsdude18

ORU playing back to back nights at Mabee Center vs. Missouri State and So. Utah???....that can't be right...???...TheEagleman would expect at least one day's rest before an important Summit League opener... :eek:

That's what the two sources indicate (the MSU game from the Tulsa World, the SUU game from the Summit League website).

If neither ORU or SUU have a conflict on Saturday, Dec. 3, that date would seem to make more sense than Thursday, Dec. 1, wouldn't it?

Definitely....except for tournament play, rarely do college teams play on back to back night....expect that So. Utah game to be December 3....I would also think that season ticket holders don't want to go to Mabee Center on consecutive evenings..... :ugeek:

ORU at WVU?....TheEagleman loves it.....might call for a road trip.... :ugeek:

Eagleman, the two schools i have attended for my undergrad, the Meatloaf is now a student at West Virginia University.... how ironic is this?!

Im really excited for the game, wont know who to cheer for, most of the guys i knew have graduated.... Kyron maybe has one more year right?

Eagleman, the two schools i have attended for my undergrad, the Meatloaf is now a student at West Virginia University.... how ironic is this?!

Im really excited for the game, wont know who to cheer for, most of the guys i knew have graduated.... Kyron maybe has one more year right?

Kyron will be a grad assistant this year. I would assume that he will travel with the team and should be on the bench in Morgantown.

Hey Loaf....it's a no brainer...either you root for ORU or don't sit anywhere near TheEagleman.....besides, compared to Sutton.... Huggins is the devil.... :devil:

Hey Loaf....it's a no brainer...either you root for ORU or don't sit anywhere near TheEagleman.....besides, compared to Sutton.... Huggins is the devil.... :devil:

I'll see you and Meatloaf in Morgantown WV

Well I'd love to sit with u guys even though I could be front row mid court with the mountaineer maniacs... Sayin that makes me miss mazios and sell programs with t brann

How good a team does WVU project to have for the 2011-12 season?...if Huggins can stay sober in the off season...he usually bags some good recruits...... :devil: .....but honestly, sober or not... the man is a heck of a basketball coach....TheEagleman has always liked him.... ;-)

4 players return who logged minutes, the rest of the team is transfers and fresh, also a top 15 recruiting class. I think like the #8 player in the nation or something like that, expecting a lot from them, a lot of the guys are talking about the new guys on the Huggins treadmill... the four players returning all logged strong minutes including 2 in the post.... should be a good year again

Sounds like the Mountaineers might be able to give us a decent game..... ;-)

Sounds like the Mountaineers might be able to give us a decent game..... ;-)

Hopefully ORU can give this Big Least team a decent game, too!

Can we make sure that Warren Niles' family/girlfriend are in the audience during the game?

These teams both play strong d.... I expect score 74 ~ 62 wvu

Early Eagleman prediction....80-74.....ORAL ROBERTS!!!!.... :wacko:

Eagleman, 80 is the magic number for teams.... although in the last 3 years, 96 games, West Virginia has given up 80 points, ONLY 4 TIMES.... 2 of those games were overtime games, 1 of those went into triple overtime....

You're a turncoat, Loaf....hard to believe you are Youngblood....WVU is going down..... :wink:

• Upvote 1

I recently did a post on West Virginia's team looking ahead to 2011-12 which covers some of their strengths and gaps, for those interested: http://halcyonhoops.wordpress.com/2011/07/10/for-west-virginia-2011-12-hopes-rest-with-short-list-of-returners/

Personally, I feel like ORU will have a good chance to go to Morgantown and come out with a win. Oakland was in the same position last year. First game of the season with a really good squad. Unfortunately, WVU hit what I will always remember as two dozen three-pointers in the first half, and OU never could get back those points. The team never had another game, let alone half, like that one in terms of long-range shooting. If that happens against ORU, it will have to come from an unknown because the team returns zero three-point shooting threats.