ORU at NDSU

tmh8286

Gonzo with five decent innings in the nightcap and Good Guys up 8-3 still batting in the 7th....looks like ORU will get a split in this series unless the bullpen falters.... :ugeek:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• ManiacAlum

• FargoBison

ORU gets the split for a 2nd day in a row with an 11-4 win in the nightcap....back to Tulsa vs. IPFW next weekend....the good guys could use a home sweep against the weak Mastadons.... :ugeek:

Eagleman, you're right, definitely need sweeps or at the very least, series WINS. At least the Summit schedule sets up pretty well with 3 of the last 4 series at home. We need to win all of those and shoot for sweeps at home.

The one-seed is more important for ORU this year, as it might allow us to save Gonzalez. Despite my previous rants, I still like ORU in a double-elimination scenario.

The #1 seed will be huge with the playoffs at Brookings this year...it will be nice to play the #4 seed in round 1.....but whatever, we still have to hit....ORU definitely has the pitching depth but our bats have been so inconsistant....we score 21 runs in the nightcap games this weekend but only get 5 combined in the other two games.....admittedly, the boys could be weary from a lot of road games over the past 6 weeks....TheEagleman agrees it will be important to be at home 3 of the next 4 weekends....ORU currently 2 games behind SDSU for first place but we have 4 at home with the Jacks next month....gonna have to win at least 3 of those to have a shot at the #1 seed..... :sweat:

The #1 seed will be huge with the playoffs at Brookings this year...it will be nice to play the #4 seed in round 1.....but whatever, we still have to hit....ORU definitely has the pitching depth but our bats have been so inconsistant....we score 21 runs in the nightcap games this weekend but only get 5 combined in the other two games.....admittedly, the boys could be weary from a lot of road games over the past 6 weeks....TheEagleman agrees it will be important to be at home 3 of the next 4 weekends....ORU currently 2 games behind SDSU for first place but we have 4 at home with the Jacks next month....gonna have to win at least 3 of those to have a shot at the #1 seed..... :sweat:

The Championship will be played in Sioux Falls (but I do get what you are saying).

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=3900&ATCLID=205089292

89.jpg

You guys have a nice press tent...does it double as a multi-use facility? I remember using something similar during the last NDSU-SDSU football game....

sdsu.jpg

I hope this isn't what it looks like. Because it looks like connected urinals in a wide-open area.

I hope this isn't what it looks like. Because it looks like connected urinals in a wide-open area.

One side is for girls and the other side is for boys, and there's a panel between, so they can't see each other.

You guys have a nice press tent...does it double as a multi-use facility? I remember using something similar during the last NDSU-SDSU football game....

sdsu-1.jpg

sdsu.jpg

Top pic is from Erv Huether field in Brookings as you know we have not finished our compleated our Stadium (we have built a new playing surface and are raising $$$ for the Stadium). The bottom pic is not from Erv Huether. The Bison should worry less about bathrooms and more about having their first winning season in D-I.

Since the new on campus stadium will not be done in time, the Summit League Championships have been moved to Sioux Falls Stadium. The Sioux Falls Pheasents play in the the American Association. The Bison play their home game at the Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks' stadium, also in the American Association.

Here is a link to the AA web site:

http://www.americanassociationbaseball.com/

Here are more pics of SF Stadium

STADIUM-PORCH_over.jpg

new_birdcage.jpg

5005490592_0fd8573729_o.jpg

sf4.jpg

You know, when I look at that picture more closely it looks like there could be FOUR urinals attached to that barrel. I've never seen anything like that before.

Of course, it's no worse than those trough urinals that used to be common around. Don't see those much any more, but those provided NO privacy! I always felt like I was on board a ship or something.

Beautiful facility for the tournament, btw, 89rabbit. Should be a very nice location. Last time the tournament wasn't played at ORU it was at WIU, with no lights, and a holey tarp for the infield. It rained during the tournament, and even with the tarp on water got through, just like in the ORU/WIU series a couple weeks ago. Totally inadequate facilities for a Division I championship tournament.

Same can't be said about the facility pictured above. Should be a joy to play there.

You know, when I look at that picture more closely it looks like there could be FOUR urinals attached to that barrel. I've never seen anything like that before.

Of course, it's no worse than those trough urinals that used to be common around. Don't see those much any more, but those provided NO privacy! I always felt like I was on board a ship or something.

:grin: Troughs are pretty bad too, but 4 portable urinals slapped on a barrel? Is there a curtain on that tent at least? What happens if that thing tips over? Were there no port-a-potties available anywhere? And fortunately I've never had to do business while facing another individual :shock:

:grin: Troughs are pretty bad too, but 4 portable urinals slapped on a barrel? Is there a curtain on that tent at least? What happens if that thing tips over? Were there no port-a-potties available anywhere? And fortunately I've never had to do business while facing another individual :shock:

I was somewhere not too long ago where they had troughs in the men's room - couldn't remember where at first, but it just popped into my, uh, "head" - I believe it was at the John Q. Hammons Arena at Missouri State!! I was really surprised to see such antiquated technology at what otherwise is such a state of the art facility.

The tent was enclosed(except for the doorway) and there were four of these urinal barrel stations in it, giving it a capacity of 16. It was definitely the oddest bathroom facility I've used, with the Metrodome's troughs being a distant second to it.

Not sure if there was a porta-a-potty shortage or what in Brookings.I might be wrong but I think their football stadium only has a couple bathrooms with running water.

While the press tent is not from Erv Huether it looked oddly similar to the urinal tent, I'm still wondering if it is a multi-use facility.

Sioux Falls looks like a beautiful venue...it's only fair to move it around...can't be in Tulsa every year.....this could be the year we are not the favorite....if our bats don't get hot, it's big trouble....ORU doesn't have that big stopper....Gonzalez and Bowen have been the best....at this point, I would think Bowen in game 1?...we will know a lot more about this team after the next 3 weeks and the big four game series with the Jacks... :ugeek:

The tent was enclosed(except for the doorway) and there were four of these urinal barrel stations in it, giving it a capacity of 16. It was definitely the oddest bathroom facility I've used, with the Metrodome's troughs being a distant second to it.

Not sure if there was a porta-a-potty shortage or what in Brookings.I might be wrong but I think their football stadium only has a couple bathrooms with running water.

While the press tent is not from Erv Huether it looked oddly similar to the urinal tent, I'm still wondering if it is a multi-use facility.

OK, one more time. The press tent is at our Field (it is bad, but will be replaced when the Stadium is built), don't know where the urinal barrel is from. I do kind of remember a setup like that in the tailgate area outside the Fargo Dome (another place the Bison play that they don't own). It seems to me that a fan did that for his tailgate crew.

Sioux Falls looks like a beautiful venue...it's only fair to move it around...can't be in Tulsa every year.....this could be the year we are not the favorite....if our bats don't get hot, it's big trouble....ORU doesn't have that big stopper....Gonzalez and Bowen have been the best....at this point, I would think Bowen in game 1?...we will know a lot more about this team after the next 3 weeks and the big four game series with the Jacks... :ugeek:

Eagleman - the only reason it's being played in South Dakota this year is because the Jacks won the #1 seed last year, which also earns the right to host the tourney the following year. This is just ANOTHER reason why it's very important for ORU to get on a winning streak for the remaining Summit games this season - and earn the #1 seed - and the host site for 2012.

OK, one more time. The press tent is at our Field (it is bad, but will be replaced when the Stadium is built), don't know where the urinal barrel is from. I do kind of remember a setup like that in the tailgate area outside the Fargo Dome (another place the Bison play that they don't own). It seems to me that a fan did that for his tailgate crew.

I said it before, the barrel is from Coughlin Alumni. I might be wrong but it was setup over by the softball field and the barrels were housed under a tent that looked similar to the press tent. Which is why I wondered if the press tent doubles as a urinal barrel tent in the football season...I know things are tight budgetwise in SD so as long as you pressure wash it...well I'm glad you've found a way to save a few bucks.

As you can see our mini-urinal barrel was on lease from SDSU...

IMG_20101113_104910.jpg