ORU at NDSU

tmh8286

Ah, TheEagleman didn't realize the extra importance of the #1 seed...that makes sense....these last 16 summit games are huge....Go Blue!... :wink:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• ManiacAlum

• FargoBison

weirdest thread ever. probably the only summit league baseball race / port-a-potty, urinal barrel, and p!$$ trough discussion in the history of the internet.

staying on topic:

- i think the consecutive postseason streak for ORU baseball ends this year

- most unique urine receptacle i've relieved myself in --- a half buried pvc pipe sticking out of the ground at an angle.

weirdest thread ever. probably the only summit league baseball race / port-a-potty, urinal barrel, and p!$$ trough discussion in the history of the internet.

staying on topic:

- i think the consecutive postseason streak for ORU baseball ends this year

- most unique urine receptacle i've relieved myself in --- a half buried pvc pipe sticking out of the ground at an angle.

. . . and you've seen "receptacles" around the world, haven't you, alum? Finding facilities is the universal dilemma.

You know, I thought about saying something about the interstate feuding on OUR board between our northern buddies, but things are so slow on the board right now I decided POOR entertainment is better than NO entertainment. You KNOW if Old Titan reads this thread he'll take care of it!! :grin:

all i have to say is God bless american pluming. w/out getting too graphic we had to burn more than just our trash at our patrol base. unfortunately i drew that detail more than once...and i was dry heaving thru much of it.

this thread probably needs to get locked, deleted, and forgotten.

Have the Eagles ever lost a conference series in Tulsa? IIRC, SDSU's win (3-1) in Brookings last year was the first (and only) series ORU has lost since joining the Mid-Con/Summit.

Sorry that the Bison faithful just can't let it go! ;):x

Yep, first conference series loss for ORU last year, but fortunately we were able to slip by SDSU in the tournament, 21-6 and 12-2.

Actually the trend in recent years of getting splits in conference series' against Centenary, Southern Utah (twice), and now WIU and NDSU had never happened before either.

Still have yet to lose a home series, and hopefully we can at least keep that going to have a chance at the 1-seed in the tournament...But with this team, who knows :roll: It will probably all come down to the series vs. SDSU next week

all i have to say is God bless american pluming. w/out getting too graphic we had to burn more than just our trash at our patrol base. unfortunately i drew that detail more than once...and i was dry heaving thru much of it.

ORUalum, have we ever thanked you for your service to our country?? :up::lol:

ORU needs to go like 11-1 at home and should win that series up in Michigan against horrible Oakland....yet nothing seems to come easy for this team...let's hope they can have their best month coming up.... :worried:

ORU needs to go like 11-1 at home and should win that series up in Michigan against horrible Oakland....yet nothing seems to come easy for this team...let's hope they can have their best month coming up.... :worried:

The mystery to me is that they play great against good competition. They played an excellent game against ranked Arkansas - although, admittedly, it WAS at home . . .

The mystery to me is that they play great against good competition. They played an excellent game against ranked Arkansas - although, admittedly, it WAS at home . . .

I think that what we may be finding is that this team has a hard time in cold weather. Some of the Cali and AZ kids may not appreciate the weather that some of the northern tier teams have to endure (which makes the indoor facility a detriment rather than an asset, if this is the case).

I am of the opinion that when warm weather consistently stays around, this team will be fine. On the flip side, if we go to Sioux Falls at the end of May in cool weather, then we may need to make the NCAA tournament on reputation (which I don't believe would happen this year).