ORU at NDSU

tmh8286

I hope this is what it looks like in Fargo this weekend - but I doubt it will. From NDSU web site:

AYUIJEPBTXYCCMV.20110420150014.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• theeagleman5

• tmh8286

• ManiacAlum

• FargoBison

Weekend forecast in Fargo:

Today Apr 21 Few Showers / Wind 47 / 38 59% 50%

Friday Apr 22 PM Rain 43 / 37 78% 80%

Saturday Apr 23 AM Clouds / PM Sun 53 / 35 66% 20%

Sunday Apr 24 Partly Cloudy 57 / 41 62% 20%

(day, cloud coverage, high temp/lowtemp, Humidity, chance of rain)

That's nice spring weather for Fargo, ND....we should get all four games in....if Friday gets cancelled, do they play DHs on Saturday and Sunday?.... :ugeek:

That's nice spring weather for Fargo, ND....we should get all four games in....if Friday gets cancelled, do they play DHs on Saturday and Sunday?.... :ugeek:

Yeah no snow in the forecast so it could be worse. The only chance of rain is tomorrow and it sounds like just some showers(weather guy just said we might get a quarter of an inch of rain)...so they should be able to get all four games in.

At least NDSU has the presence of mind to play on a lighted field. These schools trying to play D-I baseball with no lights are just kidding themselves. Even Oklahoma would be too far north to try to play with no lights given the time of year college ball is played.

I sure don't understand Summit League baseball scheduling. In the first three weeks of the season, ORU, Centenary and Southern Utah should all be playing at home at LEAST two of the three weekends. The home teams for this weekend's series include the three most northern locations in the conference (NDSU, SDSU, Oakland) and Centenary. Just doesn't make sense.... :fubar:

Not to get on a high horse, but it's past due time that ORU baseball demand more from the conference (and maybe they have). But the Summit seems to have a pretty nonchalant attitude regarding scheduling, BASIC field standards, and keeping it's automatic bid. There's not a long list of teams in any conference that claim playing in 5 regional finals in 7 years with a Super appearance...it would be different if ORU was taking the auto bid and going 2-and-cue every year like every other one-bid league.

At least NDSU has the presence of mind to play on a lighted field. These schools trying to play D-I baseball with no lights are just kidding themselves. Even Oklahoma would be too far north to try to play with no lights given the time of year college ball is played.

I just took some time to look at the other Summit League baseball fields/stadiums and wow is all I can say. Do Oakland, IPFW, SDSU and WIU all really not have lights? Every high school field in Fargo has lights.

BTW it is raining Fargo, pretty cold and miserable spring day but tomorrow and Sunday look pretty good.

No surprise there....I guess the theme for the weekend is...Let's Play TWO!... :ugeek: ....BTW, all Summit League schools should have lights required or get out!....that's a joke!... <_<

I just took some time to look at the other Summit League baseball fields/stadiums and wow is all I can say. Do Oakland, IPFW, SDSU and WIU all really not have lights? Every high school field in Fargo has lights.

BTW it is raining Fargo, pretty cold and miserable spring day but tomorrow and Sunday look pretty good.

The lights at the Minor League park you play at are nice. Remind me, when was the last time the Bison had a winning season in Baseball?

The lights at the Minor League park you play at are nice. Remind me, when was the last time the Bison had a winning season in Baseball?

You guys have a nice press tent...does it double as a multi-use facility? I remember using something similar during the last NDSU-SDSU football game....

sdsu-1.jpg

sdsu.jpg

Ouch!...and NDSU wins game one, 5-3....double ouch!.... :sweat:

Good guys up 9-zip in 6th inning of game two...Sean Johnson pitching a gem....looks like ORU will get a split today..... :D

ORU ten run rules the Bison in the nightcap by 10-0....Gonzo should be leading off tomorrow....we need a strong performance and a sweep on Easter Sunday... ;-)

ORU down 5-1 in the 6th in game 1 today....we just don't have much spark this season.....not a lot of hitting against mediocre (at best) Summit pitching....is this the year that our Summit League streak ends?.... :sweat:<_<:worried::sweat:

Yes. Or at least I would be surprised if the streak didn't end. 1 run? Absolutely zero hitting, bad defense and mediocre pitching...we're not very good.

ORU loses 5-3 in the opener....Agree,Maniac....we aren't very good if we can't beat this pathetic Bison team....these are opponents we used to eat for on or'doerve...no spark at the plate.....we may probably won't be the #1 seed in Sioux Falls.... :sweat: