Arkansas at ORU...

theeagleman5

Looks like it should be a nice night in Tulsa for the baseball game at JLJ....we haven't beat the Hogs for a few years so it's time for some payback vs. the 21st Ranked team....Let's hope our guys can hit the SEC pitching....TheEagleman is guessing that this will be a bullpen game tonight for ORU?...looking forward to an on scene report....TheEagleman will have to follow on Live Stats.... :ugeek:

Bowen gets the start tonight....TheEagleman likes Coach Walton's choice to start the veteran....he started last Friday afternoon so guessing he will go maybe 5 innings at most?.... :ugeek:

Good guys up 5-3 and batting in the home 6th...Bowen only went 2 tonight...looks like a bullpen game....hopefully they can hold on to this lead against Top 25 ranked Razorbacks.... :unsure:

hog coach getting nervous...puts all his regulars in game. hopefully ORU has enough pitching to hold on.

oh well....ORU snatches defeat from the jaws of victory....Gonzo gives up the lead late and good guys lose to the 21st ranked Razorbacks 6-5....tough loss...ouch!.... :blink:

oh well....ORU snatches defeat from the jaws of victory....Gonzo gives up the lead late and good guys lose to the 21st ranked Razorbacks 6-5....tough loss...ouch!.... :blink:

Beautiful night at the ball park tonight. The field looked perfect, and - I'm not kidding - at the start of the game we couldn't find four seats together on the ORU side!! I've never seen such a crowd at an ORU baseball game in all of the years I've been going. It was really fun.

Too bad we didn't bring Rush in one inning earlier. He was spot on.

Yes a tough loss but still a good effort by the team. We've been kinda spoiled over the last 12 years to have so many good giant-killer baseball teams at ORU. It didn't work out tonight but hopefully they keep their heads up and give it their best this weekend.

Last night I was sorry that I didn't have a camera with me to take a picture of the crowd. This AM I found this pic that Geoff Haxton posted on Twitter - hope he doesn't mind me sharing it here. There are a few empty seats under the awning, but down the baseline all the seats are virtually full. Official attendance last night - 2,104:

crowdbo.jpg

Great job, Mike Minyard, promoting this game! According to Mike, "Tonight's home game against Arkansas broke single game revenue record.â€

As I said, the ball park looked beautiful last night:

field.jpg

Sounds like a great night, wish I still lived in town and could have attended.

Anyone know the last time we had a sellout at J.L. Johnson? We were pretty close last night.

I guess it was fine that half the crowd were Razorback fans, they were reasonably behaved but I'd much rather have 2,000 ORU fans packing the park.

Yeah, totally agree, beautiful night and park is in great shape. If we got weather like that all season our attendance would be much higher.

Anyone know the last time we had a sellout at J.L. Johnson? We were pretty close last night.

That's an interesting question. According to the 2011 media guide - "Seating Capacity: 2,418 chairback seats with arm rests", so we were within about 300 of that number, but didn't quite reach it. I could find no info on attendance records. I've got some old baseball media guides at home - if no one comes up with any attendance stats before I get home tonight I'll check and see if that info might have been listed in an earlier media guide (basketball media guides in the past have included highest attendance stats for Mabee Center).

I don't know about attendance. But we did break the revenue record last night.

The crowd looked pretty good... too bad we couldn't pull it out.

280457061.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1303352868&Signature=wIVdEHUXhBHaHdu74WjTbnBepvU%3D

TheEagleman is happy to see that big crowd but hard to believe ORU can't get 1000 Tulsans and students to every game....especially with JLJ just a short walk from the dorms on a beautifu evening....I understand that baseball isn't the most popular college sport but as I've beaten the drum before, today's students just don't seem to have much school spirit....and ORU has a very good competitive team.....oh well, at least the Hog fans came in....what do we charge for a baseball ticket?....around $6-7?....and do students get in free?.... :(

Students do still get in free. I don't think that there is even a student athletic fee either (the other students on the board can confirm/deny that). I did hear that there was a pep rally on campus on Monday night and that it was well attended and those that attended were really pumped about it. Those students that I talked to said that it provided a lot of interest for supporting other athletic events on campus, but I'll believe that when I see it. :wasntme:

TheEagleman is happy to see that big crowd but hard to believe ORU can't get 1000 Tulsans and students to every game....especially with JLJ just a short walk from the dorms on a beautifu evening....I understand that baseball isn't the most popular college sport but as I've beaten the drum before, today's students just don't seem to have much school spirit....and ORU has a very good competitive team.....oh well, at least the Hog fans came in....what do we charge for a baseball ticket?....around $6-7?....and do students get in free?.... :(

General admission: $5

Reserved seating: $8

Box seats: $12

I was unable to find historical attendance figures anywhere.

Big series at NDSU this weekend....ORU needs to take at least 3 of 4...hope we don't get snowed out.... :-P