Douglass’ Jenkins twins to sign with Oral Roberts

ORUTerry

ORU will be very strong at the 4 spot next season with Tree and Craion....Michael will have to come off the bench though....TheEagleman is guessing we will see a lot of rotation in the 3-4-5 areas especially if DBH is in foul trouble....at this point with Morton gone, we have no decent back up center to give us 10-12 minutes a game when needed.... :ugeek:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

at this point with Morton gone, we have no decent back up center to give us 10-12 minutes a game when needed.... :ugeek:

I think Angsomwine can do just fine stepping in for about 10-12 minutes to give DBH a breather..dont sleep on him..he is still raw, but he can play...we will see once it gets to game situation though how well he will do..if your sitting in the front row, be alert at all times because he will be blocking alotta balls into the crowd haha :lol::talk:

TheEagleman hopes you are right, DChief....but Angsomewine sounds like a pretty raw kid....here's hoping that #30 is in the weight room as we speak..... :P

TheEagleman hopes you are right, DChief....but Angsomewine sounds like a pretty raw kid....here's hoping that #30 is in the weight room as we speak..... :P

agree, thats were he needs to be lol

Let's be clear, Roundtree transferring is purely a figment of bballmangc's imagination. As he said, "(of course unsubstantiated rumor, just a thought)". I see Roundtree having a big year for us next year, especially if he can put on some muscle. Craion better be working hard this summer to regain his starting spot.

Yes, no substance to that at all just trying to figure out the scholarship issues. I don't think it really matters who starts seems like Tree was in foul trouble nearly every game so having a solid post backup in Craion or having Tree or DBH come off the bench shouldn't matter at all, should be plenty of minutes down there. We went with a 3 man rotation most of last year anyway with Nassarre playing small spot minutes.

Yes, no substance to that at all just trying to figure out the scholarship issues. I don't think it really matters who starts seems like Tree was in foul trouble nearly every game so having a solid post backup in Craion or having Tree or DBH come off the bench shouldn't matter at all, should be plenty of minutes down there. We went with a 3 man rotation most of last year anyway with Nassarre playing small spot minutes.

If Scott decides to start DBH and Craion because they are upperclassmen with more experience, then it will set up Roundtree to get the Summit League's "6th man" award. Maybe that would be a good way to sell it to Tree. Then by his junior year he'll be in line to get the POY award. It's a good problem to have when you have more players worthy of starting than you have starting spots.

I like the lineup where you put Craion in the small forward spot and move Domo over to SG. Then sub-in whichever point guard you prefer (Rod, Ken, DJ Jackson) and have a lineup with:

DBH

Roundtree

Craion

DoMo

PG

Obviously you have a bunch of SGs who need playing time, but it would be a pretty strong lineup. Maybe you could throw DoMo at the point and put Niles at the SG slot or vice versa.

The scholarship questions will work themselves out this summer pretty easily.

Craion is the best all around player on the team and would have made a huge difference this past year. If healthy ORU will have the best frontcourt in the conference next year.

Really like the kids they are bringing in for next year and all should be able to help in a couple of yrs. Nice to get the guard from BTW and hopefully it will help the next couple of years to get a couple of other kids from the area.

We have all kinds of possible lineup combinations. If Craion is healthy, it is hard to think that he won't be playing major minutes. And Roundtree is a definite difference maker when he is in the game. If they are both battling for that "4" spot, it could be interesting. Maybe we will see a lineup where Roundtree or Craion play the "5". It could work in our league where most teams do not not have a skilled big man. Can you imagine the defensive press with both Craion and Tree in the game - along with Holdman? Can't wait to see the new guys and how they can help in the lineup.

We could see all kinds of lineups next year.... gotta make room for some outside shooting which includes Niles and the BTW recruit. I imagine some of the new players might consider a red shirt. Obaseki?

Lots of minutes for everybody but TheEagleman loves that line up above with DBH, Tree, Craion, DoMo and Pearson/Jackson/Bilberry.....that is really strong...then you have Niles, Stokes, and the other two PGs coming off the bench....this could be a very good ORU team in 2011-12....can't wait to see our schedule over the summer.... :ugeek:

We could see all kinds of lineups next year.... gotta make room for some outside shooting which includes Niles and the BTW recruit. I imagine some of the new players might consider a red shirt. Obaseki?

I think you're right on with this prediction, ORUTerry. I can't imagine a scenario where Obaseki doesn't redshirt.

Can't imagine just handing Roundtree's spot at the "4" to Craion, even if he is completely healed in the preseason. Need to keep Tree happy for that season and the next two.

During the first semester at least, I love the thought of having Craion come off the bench at the first media timeout (16:00 mark) of each half, for either DBH or Roundtree. He'll still end up playing around 30 minutes a game, same as the other two.

Steven typically has a couple of fouls in the first four minutes, anyway - it should work out perfectly... :wink:

Can't imagine just handing Roundtree's spot at the "4" to Craion, even if he is completely healed in the preseason. Need to keep Tree happy for that season and the next two.

During the first semester at least, I love the thought of having Craion come off the bench at the first media timeout (16:00 mark) of each half, for either DBH or Roundtree. He'll still end up playing around 30 minutes a game, same as the other two.

Steven typically has a couple of fouls in the first four minutes, anyway - it should work out perfectly... :wink:

I generally agree, but I would reverse that - tell Steven he's coming off the bench until he proves he can play 30 minutes a game without fouling out. It also lets the refs get a couple of obligatory ticky tack fouls out of the way before he comes in.

TheEagleman would like to see Tree playing 32-35 minutes a game IF he can stay out of foul trouble....and that's a BIG if....but yeah, Craion can also play a little 3 and Tree could also move over and play center if DBH needs a blow....we should have a flexible 9-10 players who can contribute next season..... :ugeek:

I generally agree, but I would reverse that - tell Steven he's coming off the bench until he proves he can play 30 minutes a game without fouling out. It also lets the refs get a couple of obligatory ticky tack fouls out of the way before he comes in.

Seems like Sutton normally starts seniors unless they are clearly inferior to the underclassmen at their position. The "start" doesn't necessarily mean that Craion will play more minutes than Roundtree. Just a guess on my part. Maybe there will be times when DBH doesn't start and Craion and Roundtree do instead. I just hope that all those guys are healthy for the start of the season so that this can even be an issue. Sutton will love having some depth at those positions in order to have healthy competition for starting roles.