Douglass’ Jenkins twins to sign with Oral Roberts

ORUTerry

Good points, Jason....ORU just hasn't been healthy the past two seasons....not sure what the problem is....bring back Smitty?.... :ugeek:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dchief42

• theeagleman5

• ORUTerry

• darrenj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TheEagleman would like to see Tree playing 32-35 minutes a game IF he can stay out of foul trouble....and that's a BIG if....but yeah, Craion can also play a little 3 and Tree could also move over and play center if DBH needs a blow....we should have a flexible 9-10 players who can contribute next season..... :ugeek:

Still not sure about our proven depth...Only 3 post players (DBH, Tree, Craion) plus Morrison, and 3 guards (Niles, Pearson, Holdman), Stokes minutes due to injury were limited, who knows if he will get minutes, Llitteras, Manghum, and Angsomwine unproven, freshman unproven, not going to claim 10 deep until we see them play.

This isn't the same as the point guard battle last year, or previous seasons where upper and underclassmen fighting for a spot were basically even to begin with.

You can't BENCH a healthy and happy Roundtree after he was named the conference and national mid-major FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR this past season.

You're simply asking for trouble - potentially creating a crisis where none needs to be in the first place.

Craion is the one with something to prove, having sat out an entire season. If he's head and shoulders better than Tree in October, then maybe, but otherwise, Michael is the one who needs to be eased into the line-up.

Didn't Craion start the entire year before though (and was our best post player)? Why not bring DBH off the bench? I really don't think its going to matter everyone is going to get plenty of minutes. Plus wasn't Craion ready to go toward the end of the season but they decided to keep the redshirt on him? This argument we are having may already be CLEARLY determined from practice, the eventual starter may already be clear to the coaches and to the rest of the players.

I think both will get plenty of time and won't be a big deal. Just would like everyone to stay healthy for the year and go from there. Be interesting to see Craion with the redshirt year and the ability to work on his shot and how he has improved.

Really like the makeup of the team for next year and hopefully a push for the tourney again. Seems like the best all around team they have had in the last few years.

Wow, guys, all I know is I saw Craion still wearing a boot on his foot months after the initial injury - as late as February, if not early March.

A broken foot is a tricky injury to come back from, prone to setbacks until FULLY healed.

Until Michael's pronounced fit and has played SEVERAL weeks or even MONTHS on it this summer and fall, I don't think we can even pronounce him as "back" yet, much less a potential starter.

Wow, guys, all I know is I saw Craion still wearing a boot on his foot months after the initial injury - as late as February, if not early March.

A broken foot is a tricky injury to come back from, prone to setbacks until FULLY healed.

Until Michael's pronounced fit and has played SEVERAL weeks or even MONTHS on it this summer and fall, I don't think we can even pronounce him as "back" yet, much less a potential starter.

Yea I talked to him last week and he said that it is still bothering him, he is just now getting to the point where he can walk on it....but he still cant go full speed yet...

Very true....Craion still has to be hurting...might not be near 100% until October....that will be a 1+ yr since the original injury.....feet are tough especially when the kid weighs 220 pounds.... :worried:

Absolutely agree with this - 100%.

No doubt that Tree is a stud and is going to start and play a lot of minutes if not in foul trouble....same for DBH....Craion will give Coach Sutton a lot of options as a 6th man off the bench and possible spot starter when the match ups dictate him going to the 3 spot and DoMo the 2.....these are good problems to have....besides, with all the injuries ORU has had over the past two years....depth ain't a bad thing.... :ugeek: